Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

I hated it at first, but I started mixing it with AOMM and it's become one of my few HG's! I use a 50/50 mix of the AOMM/KCCC combo, rake and scrunch into soaking wet hair (I usually use JC Too Shea as a leave in underneath). After my product is on I scrunch out some of the extra moisture with a flour sack towel and diffuse until about 60% dry. Once dry, I scrunch out the crunch and I have beautiful ringlets, lots of volume and hardly any frizz.
3a, baby fine i/ii, low to normal porosity, protein sensitive
Mod CG since 5/12, from rainy Western WA
dislikes: glycerin, wheat protein
Likes: moisture, Mag Sulfate
Poo: Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo
Cond: CJCR, VO5 Clarifying Conditioner
LI: JC WDT, CJ CR
Style: Loma Curvature Curvy Cream, True Polaris Protein Free Truly curly styling gel (Etsy), Sweet Curls flax seed defining gel (Etsy)
I like this too. I like to scrunch it in when my hair is half way dry. I like the smell much.

I did have really great results when I used this as a curl cream but I haven't been able to duplicate that.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using CurlTalk App
Course, thick hair, low/med. porosity

My hair likes:
CJ CIAB, CJ AFL, KCCC KCNT
CJ Daily Fix

|t alsn likes JC WDT, but the smell is weird.

This is actually my third time going CG. But this time i'm trying to imbrace my waves more instead of trying to get the most curl out of them. Pretty, shiney waves should be enough
I like the KCKT/KCCC combo during the dry months of the year. It takes awhile to dry and I need to scrunch out the crunch, but it gives me good hold for several days. Now in high humidity, it doesn't work very well, so I am still searching for a good product combo for summer.
2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
COs: Yes to Cucumbers
Stylers: Krystal Ecostyler, KCCC,

Unique and Useful gifts & accessories
www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com and www.EweniqueEssentials.etsy.com
Kinky Curly Curling Custard with QB burdock root Kinky-Curly Curling Custard-imageuploadedbycurltalk1365529294.110448.jpg
ricotdorothy likes this.
Kinky Curly Curling Custard with QB burdock root Attachment 34233
Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze
The shine is still blinding me! Pretty as always!
ricotdorothy likes this.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I always put TRESemme naturals conditioner as my leave-in then KCCC over the top of it. It is my holy grail- moisturized, shiny, defined, glorious curls in humid Illinois weather.

Different strokes for different folks.
3a/b fine, high porosity, medium density. Mod- CG

Sulfate-free Shampoo: SheaMoisture Curl and Shine shampoo with Epsom salts.
Co-wash: TRESemme Naturals,
Leave in: TN Radiant volume, KCKT, YTC pampering conditioner
Summer styler: LA Looks Spiked Gel(summer only)
Seal: Argan Oil/Macademia Oil
Winter styler: KCCC, AIF, Beyond the Zone Noodlehead curling creme(not CG)
DT: GVPCB, coconut oil
PT: GVP Hair Reconstructor
Embracing my curls.
KCCC and KCKT didn't work well for me. I think because I have an extreme protein sensitivity (I'm coarse AND lo-po) and need to avoid some plants and plant extracts. I don't think my hair liked the horsetail, chamomile, nettle and/or marshmallow.
CG since 3/1/13
3B; Low porosity, Coarse, & Extremely Protein Sensitive
Very high density, waist length

Co wash: Suave Clarifying or Sun Ripened Strawberry
RO: Sun Ripened Strawberry, TN, or TN w/ veg glycerin
Sealer: apricot oil
Styler: 4 Naturals Spring Back Custard, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, or BB "Mudd"
Using a hard water filter, microfiber towel, & silk head scarves & pillowcases

Avoiding: protein, coconut, & parabens

Last edited by misbehave; 05-03-2013 at 01:10 AM.
I'm going to try it like this today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
hemp oil, jojoba oil
www.naturesnectars.net
Makes my hair look oily! Yuck!
very fine 2a/3a, normal porosity & elasticity, finally going full CG!
currently using: nbd F&S Therapy,Curl Magic, Chamomile Seaweed gel, Curl Magic cleansing conditioner, and Restoration Hair Repair.
I'm loving KCCC, and surprisingly for me the learning curve was pretty short (I'm a bit of a product dolt, lol). I've used it under Tresemme Naturals Moisture, SM C & H Milk, and KCKT with equally good results. I think it dries a little softer with the SM, but the hold may be a tad looser. I mix it about 75/25 with BRHG, use quite a bit (about two quarters' worth) smoothing it down my curls, and then scrunch with a flour sack towel and plop for about 10 minutes before I pixiecurl diffuse. I also scrunch excess water out before applying the KCCC/BRHG. I get a lot of crunch, but I'm looking for it because I want a hard hold. After SOTC I get clumped, soft, bouncy curls with just the right amount of volume.

I don't think it's particularly expensive. I'd pay even more to get something that works this well, and I can see the small jar lasting me several months using the product a few times a week. Not too bad.
3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
I've tried KCCC a few times, but I think it may be a staple now.

:ast summer I tried KCKT, KCCC, Eco Styler, and BRHG - controlled curls in wonky dews, but stiff hair as you could imagine.

A few days ago I repurchased and used KCKT as my leave in, Curls Creme Brule (a zero hold moisturizing curl cream) on top, and then KCCC - yessss!

I was kind of afraid to play around without a hold in these "frizzy curls" dews, but everythings OK and I'm still experimenting.

It's technically 3d day hair today, but I smoothed water over my whole head, a bit more Creme Brule, and finally a small amount of KCCC and it looks better than first day - actually the best it has in quite a while go figure . Too bad I'm not sure how to replicate these or better results for 1st day.