Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Am I the only curly girl who hated this product? It made my hair tangled & crunchy.
I tried it for a second time thinking it was just a phase for my hair or I used it wrong but had the same results DRY undefined hair!!
KCCC was definitely a learning experience for me. But I have learned with most gels and jellies, once I apply it to my hair (normally wet) I can't rake it in. I have to smooth it over my hair and then scrunch it in. They all leave my hair tangled until it dries.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Im no too crazy about it either. It did define my 4a curls nicely but made my hair crunchy. I did put the leave in (Knot) before but my hair was still hard. I may try again buy this time put more the leave in and see if it makes a difference.
I hated it too. It's been too long for me to remember what the problem with it was but I know I gave it a few tries before giving it up as a a bad job.
3b in South Australia.
Hate it, every time I give it another try, it fails me. Also, I totally can't stand the smell, ugh, that sickly sweet aroma is awful to me!!

I like KCKT, but that's the only product from Kinky Curly that I get good results with.
Nope! Although my hair seemed moisturized on the outside but if I were to rise the product off it would be dry and dull. Besides, it took my forever to figure out how to get perfect clumps with that stuff but no matter what, I would still have flakes. Never again
I could never get consistent results with it and finally gave up on it. I do keep it on hand for my daughter. She gets wonderful results with it. Her hair is wavy (2b) and it works really well.

I also hated that my hair wouldn't dry with it.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
This didn't work for my 2c hair either. I might revisit it when my hair gets longer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
Trying it for the first time today......I'll see how it goes.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal
www.naturesnectars.net
^^Let us know how it turns out for you!
Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!
It was a bit crunchy....I scrunched it with a little L'oreal eversleek frizz taming creme serum. Here's the result.

Attached Thumbnails
Kinky-Curly Curling Custard-uploadfromtaptalk1350102576038.jpg   Kinky-Curly Curling Custard-uploadfromtaptalk1350102589921.jpg
www.naturesnectars.net
I decided to grab my jar of KCCC 1 more time before gifting it. This time I did a thorough cold water rinse, applied KCNT on soaking wet hair in 6 sections and then KCCC mixed with a little Granier Fructis Pure Clean gel immediately after. I did 7 braids and didn't touch my hair until completely dry and BAM fantabulous hair. The next wash day, the same results!

If love is truly patient and kind, but our actions or words aren't, then maybe It's self reflection time. -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
Sounds like a lot of work to make that one product work.....but I bet it looked shiny and bouncy. My results are fine but the price is a bit steep.

www.naturesnectars.net
I like it but only when it's used a certain way. I need lots of leave in first, and then a small amount of KCCC. If I want more hold, I'll layer it with a curl cream. Too much KCCC=crunch city for me, and I personally hate crunch. Overall it's a nice product if you're willing to make it work but it's too much effort for me when there are definitely better products out there. I'd by it in a pinch though, since it's available at target. It does make my hair very shiny, I'll give it that
2a/b
medium/thick
high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
Oils: caudalie, sweet almond
well I did wake up today to gorgeous big shiny hair

www.naturesnectars.net
However, i had to pull it back in a ponytail b/c i went to the gym....here's my ponytail that i was loving.

Attached Thumbnails
Kinky-Curly Curling Custard-uploadfromtaptalk1350161889517.jpg
www.naturesnectars.net
I have a love/hate relationship with KCCC. I feel like the weather had to be PERFECT for me to see great results with this gel. If it was too cold my hair was a yucky mess with tangles and stickiness. When the weather was warm it usually came out pretty nice. For me it dries crunchy, but it could be crunched out. I personally was never a fan of the scent either. I have not re purchased this because it was pretty expensive.... I use ecostyler now because i get better results and its cheaper! Maybe I will return to it someday but fit now I'm still in search for my holy grail product!
I think this may be a new fave for me.....although i don't like how it looks the first initial few hours, it turns lovely once dry.

www.naturesnectars.net
It makes my hair dry if I use it alone, but if I put it over my leave in and sealant ( tressame naturals then coconut oil) its amazing! Once it drys its flat but I scrunch it up and its big and just right. I get like 4 day hair with it. prob more if I tried. Alone I dont like it but on top of those it works good for me
my blog
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/