NEW Giovanni Avocado and Olive

I have ordered some to try since on really on the lookout for new RO/DT. I've spotted them on the odd website here in the UK but lots of sites that sell Giovanni don't have them quite yet. The site I got mine from had one conditioner and one DT treatment. Copied and pasted ingredients from retail website so worth checking on bottle to be sure, apologies if below list is not accurate. Hope I'm right in thinking they are protein free or protein low, at least mainly moisture!

Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Deep Deep Moisture Hair Mask 142ml

Aqua (Purified Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Guar-Hydrosypropyltrimonium Chloride, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Chlorophyllin Copper Complex, Polysorbate 60, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Fragrance, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, *Litchi (Lychee) Chinensis Fruit Extract, *Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, *Chenopodium Quinoa Flower/Leaf Extract, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate.

Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Conditioner 241ml

Aqua (Purified Water), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Fragrance, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, *Litchi (Lychee) Chinensis Fruit Extract, *Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,*Chenopodium Quinoa Flower/Leaf Extract, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate. USDA Certified Organic.

Glycerin being so high up isn't the greatest in current dew points but since they are rinse out products it should be ok. Might be more flexible use in summer. The ingredients look the same for each, is that weird?

Hope they're good!!
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.

Last edited by lucyprimrose; 03-26-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: ETA- the mask has dimethicone

Originally Posted by lucyprimrose
I've noticed that with a lot of product lines: the RO and mask are identical except for the price. (HE HIS and Neutrogena TM come to mind). The same is often true of RO and LI condishes (YTC, I'm looking at you).

Almost all the products mentiioned on the board can be found in the Product Reviews section, where you can find ingredient and attribute lists. Very helpful if you're sensitive to something in particular. The Giovanni RO is here: Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Conditioner - NaturallyCurly.com

Fortunately for us, it IS protein-free! (Apparently, the mask is too new to have its own page yet.)

Let us know how you like them! I used the RO this morning, so I'll give feedback once my hair's finished drying.
lucyprimrose likes this.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
I just saw a 24 oz. size of this at Whole Foods for I think $15.99 - I've got a $2 coupon so this wouldn't be bad. I've still got a full tube of this so probably should wait it bit - this is where I get into trouble!
Originally Posted by asugirl
You just got ME in trouble! I didn't even know the larger size existed, but now I'm finding excuses to go to WF : )

The tube will go fast anyway, so we really *should* have a backup ...

BTW, where'd you get the coupon? The only ones I've ever seen for Giovanni are the peel-off type on the bottle itself.

Originally Posted by asugirl

The tube will go fast anyway, so we really *should* have a backup ...

Originally Posted by yossarian
Yep, got the coupon off the tubes I bought! They are really tiny and easy to lose. And I just checked and I have two tubes of the conditioner and one shampoo stashed right now. I am ridiculous.

Originally Posted by yossarian
I like it but I've only used it once or twice. I've got too much stuff and keep getting distracted! I will use it again this weekend and update, k?

Thanks! But upon further investigation, I've discovered that it has a cone:

Aqua (Purified Water), Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Citric Acid, Fragrance, Glycol Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Phenoxyethanol, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, *Litchi (Lychee) Chinensis Fruit Extract, *Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, *Chenopodium Quinoa Flower/Leaf extract, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil.

That's the second one this week - I was all set to pick up the EverCurl poo until I realized it has cones and polyquats But I'll keep an open mind on the Giovanni, because the other ingredients are so good.

Thanks! But upon further investigation, I've discovered that it has a cone:

Originally Posted by yossarian
What the heck? Dimethicone in the shampoo but not in the conditioner - seems so backward to me. I usually read every label but I missed that one. I have been using some stuff with cones lately - been straightening some - but this one I didn't expect! I will keep that in mind thanks!
Update, the deep conditioner/mask version of this has a cone - dimethicone is high up on the list!

This wasn't listed in any of the ingredients lists I saw online (copied and pasted above), but it is on the bottle. I haven't used it yet, but I hate it when this happens. I'll check the bottle for the normal conditioner and get back.

eta - the conditioner looks cone free but I've updated the mask ingredients in post higher up this page.
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity

Trying out new things, still looking.

Last edited by lucyprimrose; 03-26-2013 at 05:07 PM.