-   -   Inexpensive shampoo and conditioner (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/150228-inexpensive-shampoo-conditioner.html)

tenapaige 09-27-2012 08:42 PM

Inexpensive shampoo and conditioner

Im looking for an inexpensive shampoo/ conditioner preferably something that can be bought in stores and that are $10 and below per bottle :)

kurlygurly 09-29-2012 03:05 AM

Depends on what you're looking for and what type of hair you have.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal

tenapaige 09-29-2012 03:45 PM

Well as far as the shampoo something that wont strip my hair and the conditioner my hair likes really creamy conditioners I really wanna work on hydrating my hair it seems dry at the ends some of this I know its because im overdue for a cut.. But I still wanna work on this

gardencurls 09-29-2012 09:05 PM

Try Sally Beauty Supply:

As I Am Coconut CoWash - $7.99 for 16 oz.
GVP Conditioning Balm - $4.99 for 16 oz.

Depending on whether or not you're "CG", "Modified CG", or other, Sally's has 33.8 oz bottles of many excellent products & the price can't be beat. i.e.:

Salon Care Honey Almond Shampoo - $2.99 for 33.8 oz.
Apple Pectin Fortifying Shampoo - $9.79 for 33.8 oz.
Ion Color Defense Sulfate-Free Shampoo - $10.49 for 33.8 oz
Silk Elements Olive Conditioner - $6.00 for 33.8 oz.

etc. etc......

kurlygurly 09-30-2012 12:56 AM

:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tenapaige 09-30-2012 08:37 PM

Thank you gardencurls i tried the almond conditioner i dont really care for it its too watery... Out of the mixed elements or the as i am which one do u recommend ...btw have either of you tried organix line?

tenapaige 09-30-2012 08:38 PM

*silk elements

Y3ssi88 09-30-2012 09:30 PM

Shea moisture product line has good conditioner and shampoo. I usually buy mine at target, cvs, or Walgreens.

DepressedCurls 09-30-2012 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by tenapaige (Post 2043733)

I have, the conditioners don't hsve enough slip at all. The shampoos sre average. Try renpure conditioner and shampoo. The red bottles. Moisturizing ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

gardencurls 09-30-2012 10:42 PM

tenapaige, what's your hair like? Is it thick? Dry? Tight curls?

I can tell you inexpensive brands, but I don't know which formulations I could recommend. My hair is naturally very dry, and it's closer to "thick", than "medium-thick". A single application wash/rinse of my hair conditioner, on my hair, uses more product than some people probably use in a year. Plus, I use a leave-in conditioner and a curl cream.

I agree with other recommendations for the SheaMoisture line. I haven't used any of the shampoo or conditioner, but I use the moisturizer spray, the curl milk, and the smoothie, and they're great. I get my products at Target, and they're not too expensive. Target also has the Kinky Curly line. I love their products as well, but they come in tiny bottles and they're definitely more than $10.00 each. Still, Kinky Curly Knot Today, is a product that comes as close to perfection as anything I've ever come across. For my hair, it's truly amazing. Kinky Curly also has a clarifying shampoo that's excellent. I use it about once a month to once every two months.

BlackAngelPlayah 10-01-2012 04:05 AM

I'm enjoying L'Oreal EverCreme Shampoo & Tresemme Naturals conditioner:)

tenapaige 10-01-2012 06:43 PM

@gardencurls I would say i have similar hair to you... Ihave botticelli curls somewhat dry hair,long, its finer at the roots and coarser at the middle/ends im working on getting a picture to u guys but im having trouble inserting my picture via iphone

Johari 10-01-2012 07:01 PM

I heard mane&tail is good but I have yet to try since I love Assusie but the mane&tail is good for protein

Geek_Chic 10-01-2012 08:54 PM

If you can find it in your area, Renpure is good. $5.99 each or thereabouts, and it goes on BOGO every so often. If your hair likes protein, there's the Brazilian Keratin line, and if it prefers moisture, the Luxurious Argan Oil is protein free.

tenapaige 10-01-2012 09:59 PM

Thankyou both... Now I have to figure out which out of all of these I want to use I've just started getting rid of all this hair product and Im not trying to go down that road again lol

gardencurls 10-01-2012 11:04 PM

I have been wanting to try Renpure's Cleansing Conditioners for a long time. I find my hair is definitely at its best when I use Cleansing Conditioners or Conditioner-only. It takes like a week to "get over" any clarifying or experimentation to which I subject my hair. I really should just gain some self-control.;-)

Have any of you tried them? (Not trying to hijack this thread...they can be recs for tenapaige as well)

tenapaige - it does sound like your hair is similar to mine, but mine is kind of thicker at the roots, because the ends are quite damaged. You may want to avoid lots of protein, and, depending upon your climate, lots of glycerin.

Now that the "canopy" on the top of my head is growing out of the mullet-like chop I performed on it (with sewing scissors, eek) over a year ago, it's starting to "triangle" a bit. And that top section of hair is still completely different from the hair on the rest of my head! It's like Barbie doll hair. I hate it.

Corrina777 10-02-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by gardencurls (Post 2044502)

I did try the Renpure cleansing conditioner (Ren) and didn't really care for it. I didn't think it cleansed or conditioned especially well. It also has amodimethicone, if that's a consideration for you (I'm modified CG, so I don't mind occasional cones).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

tenapaige 10-02-2012 05:23 PM

@gardencurls teah I do protein treatments because i thought they were good for your hair and im still trying to figure out if i need it @corrina thanks for letting us know... I have bad luck with products they work well for everyone else but me lol

Johari 10-02-2012 05:48 PM

I just tried the Shea butter cashmare of V05 and it made my hair feel soft and it smells good.It was on sale at CVS/Longs!

lady_m 10-02-2012 06:01 PM

Suave Naturals with Shea Butter! It's like 3$ and change. It's really good.