Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #1

Default Inexpensive shampoo and conditioner

Im looking for an inexpensive shampoo/ conditioner preferably something that can be bought in stores and that are $10 and below per bottle
Old 09-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #2

kurlygurly's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Depends on what you're looking for and what type of hair you have.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal
3B....Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal iherb.com discount code DWW266

Desert Essence Coconut shampoo
Condition: AO_Island Naturals, AO_Honeysuckle, AO White Camellia
LEAVE-IN: Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower, Desert Essence Coconut
STYLE: Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly/AO B-5 gel
Staple: Jojoba Oil
kurlygurly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #3

Join Date: Jan 2012

Well as far as the shampoo something that wont strip my hair and the conditioner my hair likes really creamy conditioners I really wanna work on hydrating my hair it seems dry at the ends some of this I know its because im overdue for a cut.. But I still wanna work on this
Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #4

Try Sally Beauty Supply:

As I Am Coconut CoWash - $7.99 for 16 oz.
GVP Conditioning Balm - $4.99 for 16 oz.

Depending on whether or not you're "CG", "Modified CG", or other, Sally's has 33.8 oz bottles of many excellent products & the price can't be beat. i.e.:

Salon Care Honey Almond Shampoo - $2.99 for 33.8 oz.
Apple Pectin Fortifying Shampoo - $9.79 for 33.8 oz.
Ion Color Defense Sulfate-Free Shampoo - $10.49 for 33.8 oz
Silk Elements Olive Conditioner - $6.00 for 33.8 oz.

etc. etc......
3b, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
Favorites: CK Knot Today, Mystic Divine Shampoo, Conditioner & Curl Cream, Miracle 7 Heavenly Healer Shampoo & Leave-in, Miss Jessie's Quick Curls, Ouidad Climate Control Gel
Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #5

Staple: Jojoba Oil
kurlygurly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #6

Join Date: Jan 2012

Thank you gardencurls i tried the almond conditioner i dont really care for it its too watery... Out of the mixed elements or the as i am which one do u recommend ...btw have either of you tried organix line?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

*silk elements
Old 09-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #8

Y3ssi88's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012

Shea moisture product line has good conditioner and shampoo. I usually buy mine at target, cvs, or Walgreens.
Y3ssi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #9

DepressedCurls's Avatar

Originally Posted by tenapaige View Post
I have, the conditioners don't hsve enough slip at all. The shampoos sre average. Try renpure conditioner and shampoo. The red bottles. Moisturizing ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
DepressedCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #10

Join Date: Aug 2011

tenapaige, what's your hair like? Is it thick? Dry? Tight curls?

I can tell you inexpensive brands, but I don't know which formulations I could recommend. My hair is naturally very dry, and it's closer to "thick", than "medium-thick". A single application wash/rinse of my hair conditioner, on my hair, uses more product than some people probably use in a year. Plus, I use a leave-in conditioner and a curl cream.

I agree with other recommendations for the SheaMoisture line. I haven't used any of the shampoo or conditioner, but I use the moisturizer spray, the curl milk, and the smoothie, and they're great. I get my products at Target, and they're not too expensive. Target also has the Kinky Curly line. I love their products as well, but they come in tiny bottles and they're definitely more than $10.00 each. Still, Kinky Curly Knot Today, is a product that comes as close to perfection as anything I've ever come across. For my hair, it's truly amazing. Kinky Curly also has a clarifying shampoo that's excellent. I use it about once a month to once every two months.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #11

BlackAngelPlayah's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011

I'm enjoying L'Oreal EverCreme Shampoo & Tresemme Naturals conditioner
FroZen
BlackAngelPlayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #12

Join Date: Jan 2012

@gardencurls I would say i have similar hair to you... Ihave botticelli curls somewhat dry hair,long, its finer at the roots and coarser at the middle/ends im working on getting a picture to u guys but im having trouble inserting my picture via iphone
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #13

Johari's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011

I heard mane&tail is good but I have yet to try since I love Assusie but the mane&tail is good for protein
Johari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #14

Geek_Chic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

If you can find it in your area, Renpure is good. $5.99 each or thereabouts, and it goes on BOGO every so often. If your hair likes protein, there's the Brazilian Keratin line, and if it prefers moisture, the Luxurious Argan Oil is protein free.
CG since 11/2011
2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Winter Products/Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream, Cure Care
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C or Shea Cashmere, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C or Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil (old formula)
Styler: HETT
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #15

Join Date: Jan 2012

Thankyou both... Now I have to figure out which out of all of these I want to use I've just started getting rid of all this hair product and Im not trying to go down that road again lol
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #16

Join Date: Aug 2011

I have been wanting to try Renpure's Cleansing Conditioners for a long time. I find my hair is definitely at its best when I use Cleansing Conditioners or Conditioner-only. It takes like a week to "get over" any clarifying or experimentation to which I subject my hair. I really should just gain some self-control.

Have any of you tried them? (Not trying to hijack this thread...they can be recs for tenapaige as well)

tenapaige - it does sound like your hair is similar to mine, but mine is kind of thicker at the roots, because the ends are quite damaged. You may want to avoid lots of protein, and, depending upon your climate, lots of glycerin.

Now that the "canopy" on the top of my head is growing out of the mullet-like chop I performed on it (with sewing scissors, eek) over a year ago, it's starting to "triangle" a bit. And that top section of hair is still completely different from the hair on the rest of my head! It's like Barbie doll hair. I hate it.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #17

Corrina777's Avatar

Originally Posted by gardencurls View Post

I did try the Renpure cleansing conditioner (Ren) and didn't really care for it. I didn't think it cleansed or conditioned especially well. It also has amodimethicone, if that's a consideration for you (I'm modified CG, so I don't mind occasional cones).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #18

Join Date: Jan 2012

@gardencurls teah I do protein treatments because i thought they were good for your hair and im still trying to figure out if i need it @corrina thanks for letting us know... I have bad luck with products they work well for everyone else but me lol
Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #19

Johari's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011

I just tried the Shea butter cashmare of V05 and it made my hair feel soft and it smells good.It was on sale at CVS/Longs!
Johari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #20

lady_m's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012

Suave Naturals with Shea Butter! It's like 3$ and change. It's really good.
lady_m is offline   Reply With Quote