-   -   Hair One Volumizing Leave-in Spray (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/150390-hair-one-volumizing-leave-spray.html)

gardencurls 10-01-2012 04:17 PM

Hair One Volumizing Leave-in Spray

I ordered this online from Sally Beauty. It was one of those situations where I had to have a $50.00 total order to get free shipping, and I needed something that cost around $6-$7. After plugging in many products and getting results of $49.98, $49.99, etc. The $7.19 (which was sale price + club discount) for Hair One Volumizing Leave-In Spray fit the bill, literally.

I've been using the Hair One Olive Oil and Argan Oil Cleansing Conditioners. (Olive oil is just okay, but I love and adore the Argan Oil Conditioner.) Based on my love of the Argan Oil CC, I figured it was fair to give the styling spray a chance. The Sally Beauty website said this spray came in a 10 oz. bottle, and the size plus the price seemed like a great deal.

When I received my order, I found that this spray is a teeny 4 oz. bottle. Either the website has a mistake, or I was sent the wrong bottle. Also, I swear I saw something called "Re-moisturizing Spray", but this is called "Volumizing Spray." Maybe I just remember the name wrong, however as of today 10/1, Sally's website says this is a 10 oz. bottle. I contacted customer service, twice, but they have not yet responded other than the generic "We got your message blah blah."

As far as the spray goes, I really, really like it, in spite of myself. I don't about about the "volumizing" properties, because that's the last thing I need, but it's a very good moisturizer and scalp refresher. It contains a bunch of ingredients I keep swearing I'm going to avoid, but as Frankenstein, I am my monster.

I like to use KCCC for hold in these low dew-point fall days. Just typing the word "frizz" seems to cause some prickles on my scalp that I know are turning into frizz. KCCC get crunchy, even with KCKT as a leave-in, so I need something other than my hands or water to SOTC. While I do get good shape from KCCC, it can make my hair canopy look like the Barbie doll's you accidentally left outside all Winter.

I find that Hair One is excellent for SOTC because it zaps frizz instantly, and it has the bonus of slip to detangling. Frizz means tangles for me, and I hate to have to start all over again with soaking my hair, etc.

The instructions say to use this on wet hair, but I've used it only on semi-dry, or dry hair. It has a cool, minty scent that doesn't linger, and it feels soothing on my scalp.

If this was actually a 10 oz bottle, I'd probably plan to stock up. But 4 ounces won't last long at all!

Hair One "Volumizing" Leave-in Spray: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Panthenol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-9 Dimethicone, Silicone Quaternium-18, Trideceth-6, Trideceth-12, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

gardencurls 10-08-2012 05:25 PM

UPDATE: In fairness to Sally's customer service, I need to post that Sally's sent me a second bottle of this at no cost in order to remedy their incorrect website information.

Fortunately, Sally's website has been updated to show that this spray comes in a 4 oz. bottle, not 10 oz.

I do wish it came in 10 oz.!

I get the loveliest, springiest curls when I use this as a refresher spray on completely dry hair. It's excellent for those "morning tangles" too.

I still think it's a bit over-priced for a Sally's product, at almost $10.00 for a 4 oz bottle, but the price beats the heck out of Wen. (Which I've never tried, but I've read is similar to Hair One.)