-   -   Finally caved in and bought Deva products.... (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/150516-finally-caved-bought-deva-products.html)

Crownedwisdom 10-04-2012 04:00 PM

Finally caved in and bought Deva products....

2 Attachment(s)
So I finally had some money to spend and bought some Deva products. I bought no poo shampoo, one conditioner, heaven in hair, ultra defining gel and flexible hold hairspray. I put the heaven in hair overnight and when I washed it out my hair felt like silk. I also instantly fell in love with the no poo and one condition. Now the gel I did not like the way it felt and I was for certain I was going to hate my hair today, to my surprise I loved how my hair came out. When it dried I put some of the deva hairspray for volume and volume I got. Very happy with my new purchases. Here are some pics of my hair usually and my hair today: Attachment 25490 <_____ from yesterday and Attachment 25491 from today

Crownedwisdom 10-04-2012 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25492 from today

yossarian 10-04-2012 05:29 PM

Your hair looks fantastic, especially in today's pic! I'm having major hair envy ;-)

When I first went CG, I tried the Deva lo-poo and One condish but wasn't impressed. But I have to admit, seeing your results makes me want to give them another shot, especially since I'm a lot more knowledgeable about technique now.

Curlsnswirls 10-04-2012 06:57 PM

Beautiful!!
What do you think about the hairspray? I love the OneC and no poo. I really want to try the foam.

jsuzkelley 10-04-2012 09:34 PM

Holy cow! That's great volume, and your hair looks gorgeous :)

Corrina777 10-05-2012 09:29 AM

Your hair looks fabulous! This makes me even more excited to try the new gel. I used DevaCurl products exclusively for about a year and a half and stopped using them after I found NC.com and read all of the mixed reviews. Added No-Poo and One C back into rotation a few months ago (currently using DevaCare, but purchased DevaCurl last week to re-visit).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Crownedwisdom 10-05-2012 03:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone. I tried again today using the same routine but added in my Shea moisture cause I like a softer look and I am sooooo happy. I also never bought Deva because of all the reviews I read about it, but now I am glad I finally tried it myself. This is the only gel that I have found that has given me great hold and I love the gel cast. I also love the hairspray. The smell is a little different and if applied on wet hair a little sticky. I feel I find the hairspray works best after taking the gel cast out and flipping your hair for volume, problem is big bottle to carry around and my hair takes forever to dry. Here is a pic of today's results. Attachment 25508
Attachment 25509
Attachment 25510

Curlsnswirls 10-05-2012 03:38 PM

I found the travel size bottles of the hairspray on eBay, a pack of two that I'm going to purchase. I may break down and Purchase this gel and the styling foam.....decisions..decisions..:-(

Knotty_Maddy 10-17-2012 11:52 PM

Glad it worked for you - your hair is gorgeous! I used devacurl products for a week, and though I had astounding results days 1-3, after that my hair starting getting weird, going limp then dry then - OMG! It started falling out in clumps ;p so I immediately stopped using it...I think a) Devacurl needs to do more product research and b) that my hair in particular does not react well to the proteins in it, or to some other ingredient...but really, hair falling out in clumps!!! Yikes!

I know you posted this a few months back, so i hope that for you these products worked well and that you are still getting great results :) :queen: I really wish they had worked for me ;)

MaggieT 10-18-2012 07:46 AM

Your hair looks beautiful! I have always loved Deva products -- they're kind of my go-to. Right now, I'm giving them a break and trying other things, but I know I'll always go back. :)

Ml001 10-18-2012 08:00 AM

It looks amazing!!!

I also bought deva products but they didn't work for me (psst...they're on the swap board!) but I understand the 'finally broke down and bought...and so happy' thing. Even though deva didn't work for me, I am so glad I finally jumped into the 'boutique' type stuff...my hair is so much better now!!!