Finally caved in and bought Deva products....

So I finally had some money to spend and bought some Deva products. I bought no poo shampoo, one conditioner, heaven in hair, ultra defining gel and flexible hold hairspray. I put the heaven in hair overnight and when I washed it out my hair felt like silk. I also instantly fell in love with the no poo and one condition. Now the gel I did not like the way it felt and I was for certain I was going to hate my hair today, to my surprise I loved how my hair came out. When it dried I put some of the deva hairspray for volume and volume I got. Very happy with my new purchases. Here are some pics of my hair usually and my hair today: Finally caved in and bought Deva products....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1349388017.969974.jpg <_____ from yesterday and Finally caved in and bought Deva products....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1349388051.391023.jpg from today
Your hair looks fantastic, especially in today's pic! I'm having major hair envy

When I first went CG, I tried the Deva lo-poo and One condish but wasn't impressed. But I have to admit, seeing your results makes me want to give them another shot, especially since I'm a lot more knowledgeable about technique now.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
Beautiful!!
What do you think about the hairspray? I love the OneC and no poo. I really want to try the foam.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Holy cow! That's great volume, and your hair looks gorgeous
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
Your hair looks fabulous! This makes me even more excited to try the new gel. I used DevaCurl products exclusively for about a year and a half and stopped using them after I found NC.com and read all of the mixed reviews. Added No-Poo and One C back into rotation a few months ago (currently using DevaCare, but purchased DevaCurl last week to re-visit).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
Thanks everyone. I tried again today using the same routine but added in my Shea moisture cause I like a softer look and I am sooooo happy. I also never bought Deva because of all the reviews I read about it, but now I am glad I finally tried it myself. This is the only gel that I have found that has given me great hold and I love the gel cast. I also love the hairspray. The smell is a little different and if applied on wet hair a little sticky. I feel I find the hairspray works best after taking the gel cast out and flipping your hair for volume, problem is big bottle to carry around and my hair takes forever to dry. Here is a pic of today's results. Finally caved in and bought Deva products....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1349470974.121672.jpg
Finally caved in and bought Deva products....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1349470995.020027.jpg
Finally caved in and bought Deva products....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1349471011.479541.jpg
I found the travel size bottles of the hairspray on eBay, a pack of two that I'm going to purchase. I may break down and Purchase this gel and the styling foam.....decisions..decisions..
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Glad it worked for you - your hair is gorgeous! I used devacurl products for a week, and though I had astounding results days 1-3, after that my hair starting getting weird, going limp then dry then - OMG! It started falling out in clumps ;p so I immediately stopped using it...I think a) Devacurl needs to do more product research and b) that my hair in particular does not react well to the proteins in it, or to some other ingredient...but really, hair falling out in clumps!!! Yikes!

I know you posted this a few months back, so i hope that for you these products worked well and that you are still getting great results I really wish they had worked for me
Your hair looks beautiful! I have always loved Deva products -- they're kind of my go-to. Right now, I'm giving them a break and trying other things, but I know I'll always go back.
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)
It looks amazing!!!

I also bought deva products but they didn't work for me (psst...they're on the swap board!) but I understand the 'finally broke down and bought...and so happy' thing. Even though deva didn't work for me, I am so glad I finally jumped into the 'boutique' type stuff...my hair is so much better now!!!
remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!!
My hair:
2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.