Rev Up----anyone else hate it/love it?

• 1 Post By JenniKS

Well I ordered the trial size of the new Rev Up curl volume enhancing system from Curly Hair Solutions. I was so excited I literally RAN to the shower when it came in. I followed the directions and my hair was big and straight and frizzy and crunchy! It reminded me very much of the sulfate cleansing and alcohol laden gel days of my teenage years. I may give it another try on another day but for now I'm really disappointed in this one. Wondering if anyone else out there tried his with different results? Maybe some application tips??? I'd really love to love this.

Avg. dew point: crazy low
3a/3b mix/medium porosity/medium density/coarse-ish texture with permanent color

Best trick ever: Flour sack towel for scrunching after product application.
Hi I have tried it once. Still to early to say I hate it, but I wouldn't say I love it. I too felt it made my hair dry. Doubt it will be a product I reorder. At least I got the 3.8 oz size of curl keeper with it.
I let my daughter use it tonight. Her hair is very different from mine. We'll see what she thinks of it.

Best trick ever: Flour sack towel for scrunching after product application.
Tried the spray again yesterday to revive my hair, dry, dry, dry. Glad I only bought the small trail size. Hoping the shampoo is better.
Boooo to the shampoo for me too. My daughter didn't like it either. She said it made her wavy hair totally straight. What's up?? I'm so disappointed in this!

Best trick ever: Flour sack towel for scrunching after product application.
I have never tried this product but I steer clear of anything that says "volume" because in my experience that translates to not very moisturizing. That is what happened when I bought TN volume by accident. I had to mix it up with honey as a dc to be able to use it.
I was tempted to try the small size of this. The woman on the video on the CHS site with the short stacked bob makes me have serious hair envy. I wanna believe the Rev Up system will give me that! LOL I wonder how long until a conditioner and stylers start coming out... reminds me of what Living Proof's Full line tried to do.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I like it but I have thin limp hair. I only wish it would spray a mist and not a stream; it is very easy to over do. I really helps liven my hair up when it needs a pick-me-up and helps form some big curls! I like the poo too, a little goes a long way; doesn't strip my hair.
Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse Also: coconut oil

Originally Posted by Spiralli
I had to go look.. Definite hair envy, love her cut and curls!
WurlyLox likes this.
Jenn- 3A
My weapons of choice: KCCC, BRHG, Jessicurl: GLS, Gelabration, CC, AG: Re:coil, hard gel, mousse gel, shampoo bars, dairy whip, Curl keeper, KCKT, KBB milk, HETT, AVG, Honey