Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #1

Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Rev Up----anyone else hate it/love it?

Well I ordered the trial size of the new Rev Up curl volume enhancing system from Curly Hair Solutions. I was so excited I literally RAN to the shower when it came in. I followed the directions and my hair was big and straight and frizzy and crunchy! It reminded me very much of the sulfate cleansing and alcohol laden gel days of my teenage years. I may give it another try on another day but for now I'm really disappointed in this one. Wondering if anyone else out there tried his with different results? Maybe some application tips??? I'd really love to love this.

Avg. dew point: crazy low
3a/3b mix/medium porosity/medium density/coarse-ish texture with permanent color

Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #2

Join Date: Jun 2008

Hi I have tried it once. Still to early to say I hate it, but I wouldn't say I love it. I too felt it made my hair dry. Doubt it will be a product I reorder. At least I got the 3.8 oz size of curl keeper with it.
sharie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #3

Join Date: Oct 2012

I let my daughter use it tonight. Her hair is very different from mine. We'll see what she thinks of it.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #4

Join Date: Jun 2008

Tried the spray again yesterday to revive my hair, dry, dry, dry. Glad I only bought the small trail size. Hoping the shampoo is better.
sharie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #5

Join Date: Oct 2012

Boooo to the shampoo for me too. My daughter didn't like it either. She said it made her wavy hair totally straight. What's up?? I'm so disappointed in this!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #6

adthomas's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009

I have never tried this product but I steer clear of anything that says "volume" because in my experience that translates to not very moisturizing. That is what happened when I bought TN volume by accident. I had to mix it up with honey as a dc to be able to use it.
"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith.
adthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #7

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

I was tempted to try the small size of this. The woman on the video on the CHS site with the short stacked bob makes me have serious hair envy. I wanna believe the Rev Up system will give me that! LOL I wonder how long until a conditioner and stylers start coming out... reminds me of what Living Proof's Full line tried to do.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #8

Heather0kay's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008

I like it but I have thin limp hair. I only wish it would spray a mist and not a stream; it is very easy to over do. I really helps liven my hair up when it needs a pick-me-up and helps form some big curls! I like the poo too, a little goes a long way; doesn't strip my hair.
Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse Also: coconut oil

Heather0kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #9

JenniKS's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to JenniKS

Originally Posted by Spiralli View Post
I had to go look.. Definite hair envy, love her cut and curls!
Jenn- 3A
My weapons of choice: KCCC, BRHG, Jessicurl: GLS, Gelabration, CC, AG: Re:coil, hard gel, mousse gel, shampoo bars, dairy whip, Curl keeper, KCKT, KBB milk, HETT, AVG, Honey

JenniKS is offline   Reply With Quote