Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #1

MaggieT's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default 2 Questions re: Jessicurl Oil Blend for Softer Hair

I'm intrigued by this product! I have two questions for those who like and use it:

1) Can you use it as a kind of light finishing spray? I have a fantasy that, when my hair is all done/dry/scrunched, I could kind of spritz this over the top to keep moisture in all day.

2) Can anyone tell me what Island Fantasy smells like? It sounds good -- but I'd like to know a little more before I order it.

Thanks!
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)
MaggieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
lj2

Join Date: Jan 2011

I use this at times and actually like it. However, it is an oil blend and really can't be sprayed as a finisher. When you spray it, it comes out in drops. So you could spray a drop or two on your hands and then rub that over your hair for a shiny finish. You can also use it as a sealer or leave in moisturizer under a styler. I really like this but have to be careful not to use to much. It is a blend of 3 oils together (I think) and nothing else. It is super moisturizing and won't build up. Really nice product.

Island fantasy smells a bit like coconut...smells good!
lj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #3

gardencurls's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011

Island Fantasy is similar to a Pina Colada type scent, but it's got some citrus notes. It smells yummy!

I use it heavily as an overnight treatment, or I spray lightly as a sealer. A very little goes a long way for me.
3b, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
Favorites: CK Knot Today, Mystic Divine Shampoo, Conditioner & Curl Cream, Miracle 7 Heavenly Healer Shampoo & Leave-in, Miss Jessie's Quick Curls, Ouidad Climate Control Gel
gardencurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #4

gardencurls's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011

Just want to make sure I add that it doesn't have any hold at all. It's a "watery" oil blend. It definitely adds shine. I don't need to scrunch it. For daytime, I just spray it over the top layer, and sometimes I'll hold my head upside down and spray. I use it overnight about once or twice a month, but I could use it as a light sealer whenever as long as it's lightly applied.
3b, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate