Products that surprise you

As I Am Smoothing Gel....it was on sale at Sallys so I thought why not give it a try. This stuff does a great job at slicking my mane back when I want to rock my Sade look. It doesnt make my hair crunchy and it gives it a nice shiny look as well. I'm curious to see how it would look if I used it thru out my curls. Definitely a great buy for me.

curlypearl likes this.
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2012
Shea Moisture : Moisture retention shampoo shocked me by being not that moisturizing, and coating my hair :I

Not to mention I hated the smell >.<
the whole devacurl line! i read so many bad and negative things on here but i wound up with some samples last year. i tried it figuring i have nothing to lose and now i am hooked!!! i especially love the one conditioner and set it free
myhairDOTcom and morganrc like this.

Diane
NYC/NJ
2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

faves: - deva, jessicurl, ouidad...major product junkie
mod cg method as of 10/2012
goals: grow out bad layered cut & grow hair to waist!
last softener: Sept 2010
last trim/roots color: 9/5/12..1/12/13 trim // 11/17/12..1/19/13 color

youtube:
Originally Posted by dianemary126
I've got to agree; I love DevaCurl. It's a trustworthy system for me, especially Set It Free.
2c/3a CG
HG products: AG Recoil, DevaCurl Set It Free
Set it free very well might be my fave item in the line!! Its so versatile and yummy smell is a bonus!

Diane
NYC/NJ

faves: - deva, jessicurl, ouidad...major product junkie
mod cg method as of 10/2012
goals: grow out bad layered cut & grow hair to waist!
last softener: Sept 2010
last trim/roots color: 9/5/12..1/12/13 trim // 11/17/12..1/19/13 color

youtube:

Originally Posted by beautyjunkie12

I love it on my curls! It makes them more define.

Sent from my PG86100 using CurlTalk App
Nothing but curl sealer & ion inspired by nature intense hydrating mask.

These are my curlfessions
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
I might be saying those exact same words....I purchased KCKT today and just ran a tad bit through my hair that had been in a sweated-out ponytail from working out and i think i love it. I'll see once i truly use it after a wash.

Kinky-curly knot today. I didn't try it for years because when I read the label, I was like, "Uh...there's nothing in here. Fruit juice? Marshmallow? WTH?" But I love the stuff. Go figure.
Originally Posted by wavycurly40+

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal
Jeliah likes this.
LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
hemp oil, jojoba oil
www.naturesnectars.net
Oh yes!! The Shea Moisture Retention made me violently ill just from the fragrance alone and flared up my husbands asthma.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlTalk App
Acure Organics Lemongrass Daily Clarifying Shampoo really surprised me! I bought it just to clarify once/twice a week after cowashing, but it actually makes my hair feel better than when I cowash. It gets rid of build-up and oil, but it leaves my hair so soft and moisturized, not like using a clarifying shampoo at all. I expected stripping, but it's gentle enough to not strip and get your hair really clean. I think I like this even better than moisturizing lowpoos because this moisturizes AND cleans
2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
CG again as of 7/20/12

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
Herbnlife royal rinse shampoo. The consistency is literally like water and it's not great at lathering either. It took me a few tries to learn how to use it without wasting a bunch, I mean the first time I used it I used up a third of the bottle. Now I only use a small amount, maybe even less than regular shampoo. But anyway, despite the consistency and later, I LOVVEEE this stuff! It is my HG shampoo (low-poo actually), it cleans well and leaves my hair full of body, but at the same time, it moisturized, detangler, and leaves my hair ridiculously soft.
Originally Posted by seamelody14
I, too, use this stuff and love it. It's a great shampoo. I buy mine from Natural Vibes, LLC

They're also on facebook.

I've never ordered it from the other website. I've tried contacting via email to find out where if it's available in nyc but they don't respond. I don't really like that. It's an excellent shampoo and I think a lot of people would love it. My only complaint is that it doesn't last me long. I have a LOT of 4b/c hair. And I have several strategies that I use in order not to waste it. But it still doesn't last me as long as I'd like. My last shampoo, I picked up Dr. Woods Liquid Black Soap with shea butter and found that it had a somewhat similar feel though not exactly. I rinsed with ACV and conditioned. What I will probably do from now on is do an initial shampoo with the Dr Woods and a 2nd with the Royal Rinse. But I really wish small companies with good products would be more aggressive about distribution and do better with customer service. I also picked it up on denimpixie's rec. It's a winner!
The Ouidad Intense Hydrating Curl Creme-I got this as a sample from Curlmart. Every time I use it I get perfect soft spirals! I had a very low expectation but I really liked the results. I'll probably go buy it next-when I have the money and I'm out of the other 57643 million curl Cremes I already have!
curlypearl likes this.
2c/3a, fine texture, normal porosity, medium-to-thick
Co wash: Vo5 Extra Body
Conditioners: Deva One Condition, GVP CB, Loreal Evercurl
Stylers: Devacurl ArcAngel, KCCC, AG Recoil, Iso Bouncy Creme, Ecostyler Krystal, CCCCL, KCKT
Low Poo: Devacurl NoPoo, GTTT
Hair likes: plopping, diffusing, SMaster's, coconut and argan oil, honey, protein
"What makes a woman unforgettable? Her mind...surrounded by lots of naturally curly hair"
After hearing rave reviews of Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, and the Curl & Shine Shampoo, I was eager to try these. The shampoo was OK, but the masque was truly terrible on my hair. I could tell something was up when I had a hard time detangling when applying this deep conditioner(after shampooing with the Curl & Shine Shampoo) to my hair(I've NEVER had detangling problem happen before with conditioners), and it just didn't feel all that moisturizing going on. It had NO slip whatsoever! I left it on for a full half-hour(a long time for me) and rinsed out, hopeful that this state of affairs would improve after the rinsing. It didn't really, although I was really really looking for good signs, like softer, more moisturized hair. Nope. Save for a very fleeting hope that things were a LITTLE softer(BTW my hair is not all that damaged, despite the fact that I do color it), they weren't. In fact, my hair feels drier and crispier than BEFORE using this masque! But it seems that I'm like that with both skin and hair products - what other people, even with similar situations, love, I end up hating and being the odd one out. Anyone else have bad luck with the Shea Moisture products? I was so bummed that I returned them 2 days ago.
I really never had issues with Shea Moisture. I have tried every masque. My fave is the black soap purification mask. I used to pre poo with them. I now use oil treatments before shampooing.

SM is great but you may have to give it another shot before you see the desired results. It is a treatment after all. The results will be gradual.
These are my curlfessions
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids