-   -   New "Ology" Walgreens Brand (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/151574-new-ology-walgreens-brand.html)

NvmbrCurlss 11-03-2012 07:50 PM

New "Ology" Walgreens Brand

Found this yesterday in Walgreens. Couldn't find out much about it online. I used it as a rinse out cuz the smell is so fresh and different. It's veerrrrrry thick, so my fine hair is not sure what to think about it yet. If any one has used this or can talk about its wheat protein content ( wheat ingredients scare me, eek!) please, share :)

NvmbrCurlss 11-03-2012 07:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 26775Attachment 26776

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

floridajovigirl 11-06-2012 08:43 PM

I saw this in the Sunday ad and was so excited to try it. Like you, I didn't find much online about this new product. Of course, I went out and got it that day. I used it for the first time yesterday.

I found the shampoo to be just ok. I don't usually do well with low poos but I seem to keep giving them a chance anyway. I seem to do better using a regular no silicone shampoo (V05) once a week than a low poo a few times a week. The conditioner was pretty good. I could tell that this would be very moisturizing for many but it just didn't give me that slip that I look for. It was very thick. I used it as a rinse out and also as a leave in. I found that my hair was very dry by the end of the day - I think that this was from the protein. I would typically give a new product a couple of uses before I give up on them but I'm scared to try this again because of how dry my hair ended up. This morning I felt the need to wash with my no silicone sulfate shampoo to clarify then I used the Curly Kinks Deep Conditioner and the Curly Kinks leave in, followed by Jessicurl oil blend and HESMU gel - much better!

I really wanted to like these but sadly they are either going back or I will use the shampoo on my dogs and the conditioner to shave with.

IAgal 11-07-2012 10:40 AM

i just picked up the moisturizing low poo today. i am
excited to try it! no oils,no protein,silicones,sulfates,parabens,etc. i didn't buy the conditioner since it has coconut oil in it,and that breaks me out.
will give my opinion after trying it too.

loved the price though. it was 5.99 on sale since i have a walgreens card,for 3.99.

IAgal 11-09-2012 09:23 PM

after rinsing out the moisturizing low poo my hair felt dry and was tangly.my hair usually never tangles. but once it dried my hair didn't really feel dry but it was poofy. so not sure yet.....

IAgal 11-11-2012 02:59 PM

i am just NOT enjoying it. going to have to return it.my scalp is itchy and gross from it and my hair is dry. not sure really why, the ingred look great. disappointed..it was easy to pick up and cheap.bummer....why do some low poos seem more drying that sulfate shampoos i'd like to know!

iroc 11-11-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by IAgal (Post 2068505)

I think its because most sulfate shampoos have a low -cone in them. Makes the shampoo rinse out easier, and feels less dry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

IAgal 11-11-2012 10:01 PM

iroc,

yes that is probably true or at least a big part of it.

Chikyuu 11-21-2012 12:29 AM

I just picked up the moisturizing conditioner as I have a full bottle of SheaM lowpoo and walgreens was totally out of the shampoo. Excited to try, due to it being glycerin free and my hair liked shea butter and protein in products before. Has anyone noticed the volumizing and moisturizing conditioners have the exact same ingredient list? It is quite thick, almost like olay face lotion, the smell is wonderful. Plan to use it after co-washing as a rinse out and leave in under gel like usual tomorrow.