Old 11-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #1

NvmbrCurlss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Default New "Ology" Walgreens Brand

Found this yesterday in Walgreens. Couldn't find out much about it online. I used it as a rinse out cuz the smell is so fresh and different. It's veerrrrrry thick, so my fine hair is not sure what to think about it yet. If any one has used this or can talk about its wheat protein content ( wheat ingredients scare me, eek!) please, share
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
NvmbrCurlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #2

NvmbrCurlss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

New "Ology" Walgreens Brand-imageuploadedbycurltalk1351994061.077357.jpgNew "Ology" Walgreens Brand-imageuploadedbycurltalk1351994107.616072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
NvmbrCurlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #3

floridajovigirl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

I saw this in the Sunday ad and was so excited to try it. Like you, I didn't find much online about this new product. Of course, I went out and got it that day. I used it for the first time yesterday.

I found the shampoo to be just ok. I don't usually do well with low poos but I seem to keep giving them a chance anyway. I seem to do better using a regular no silicone shampoo (V05) once a week than a low poo a few times a week. The conditioner was pretty good. I could tell that this would be very moisturizing for many but it just didn't give me that slip that I look for. It was very thick. I used it as a rinse out and also as a leave in. I found that my hair was very dry by the end of the day - I think that this was from the protein. I would typically give a new product a couple of uses before I give up on them but I'm scared to try this again because of how dry my hair ended up. This morning I felt the need to wash with my no silicone sulfate shampoo to clarify then I used the Curly Kinks Deep Conditioner and the Curly Kinks leave in, followed by Jessicurl oil blend and HESMU gel - much better!

I really wanted to like these but sadly they are either going back or I will use the shampoo on my dogs and the conditioner to shave with.
CO Wash: VO5 Clarifying Conditioners
Conditioner: Curly Kinks Deep Conditioner and Leave-In
Styling: Still searching but currently using HESMU

2A, Medium Texture, Normal Porosity
floridajovigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #4

Join Date: Oct 2011

i just picked up the moisturizing low poo today. i am
excited to try it! no oils,no protein,silicones,sulfates,parabens,etc. i didn't buy the conditioner since it has coconut oil in it,and that breaks me out.
will give my opinion after trying it too.

loved the price though. it was 5.99 on sale since i have a walgreens card,for 3.99.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #5

Join Date: Oct 2011

after rinsing out the moisturizing low poo my hair felt dry and was tangly.my hair usually never tangles. but once it dried my hair didn't really feel dry but it was poofy. so not sure yet.....
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #6

Join Date: Oct 2011

i am just NOT enjoying it. going to have to return it.my scalp is itchy and gross from it and my hair is dry. not sure really why, the ingred look great. disappointed..it was easy to pick up and cheap.bummer....why do some low poos seem more drying that sulfate shampoos i'd like to know!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #7

iroc's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by IAgal View Post
I think its because most sulfate shampoos have a low -cone in them. Makes the shampoo rinse out easier, and feels less dry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #8

iroc,

yes that is probably true or at least a big part of it.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #9

Chikyuu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

I just picked up the moisturizing conditioner as I have a full bottle of SheaM lowpoo and walgreens was totally out of the shampoo. Excited to try, due to it being glycerin free and my hair liked shea butter and protein in products before. Has anyone noticed the volumizing and moisturizing conditioners have the exact same ingredient list? It is quite thick, almost like olay face lotion, the smell is wonderful. Plan to use it after co-washing as a rinse out and leave in under gel like usual tomorrow.

2c or something MODCG Since December 2011!
New May 20th Routine
Low-poo:SheaM
Co-wash:VO5 KiwiLime or VanillaMint
LI:TN, Regis OliveOil Condish, GVP CB
Styler: LALSG
Daily routine: Cleanse, LI, soak with water, scrunch in gel, plop, pixie diffuse, air dry.

Chikyuu is offline   Reply With Quote