Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #21

Corrina777's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

I had the same experience with Ren ad I don't have protein sensitivities at all. I don't know what it was about it, but my hair hated it. The only thing I could think of was the amodimethicone since I've found that my hair doesn't do well with silicones in cleansers or conditioners.

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #22

Join Date: Dec 2011

I haven't tried it yet, but Walmart has the new L'Oreal Evercurl CC, which received good reviews here.

L'Oreal Paris EverCurl Hydracharge Cleansing Conditioner, 8.3 fl oz: Hair Care : Walmart.com

If I do decide to pick it up, I'll give you some feedback.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #23

crazywaves's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

When I use Ren I only use it as a cleanser. I always use a rinse out after it.
crazywaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #24

waterlily716's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by yossarian View Post

If I do decide to pick it up, I'll give you some feedback.
This has a really heavy perfume scent, that combined what with only can be described as a gunky texture put me off of it. If you don't mind strong fragrances you might try it out.

3a/b low porosity curls | hip length when stretched!
CG method since 2006 @:-)
fotki pw: whim updated 01.06.14
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm & honey <3
stylers: KCKT leave in, curl keeper, Aussie IF gel
color: henna
my CG method article, blog, & my youtube videos
waterlily716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #25

Join Date: Jan 2013

The best conditioning cleanser I've used so far is Deva Curls no poo. You can also use your conditioner as a cleanser and a conditioner. As long as you give your scalp a good scrub your hair will be clean.

If you are looking for something a little less expensive than devacurl, I also use a lather free cleanser and conditioner from "curls" . Its all natural and has a coconut base. It can usually be found in any beauty supply store.

Hope this helps!

Pretty City Style | by City Dolls
Jeeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #26

abstractcurls's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010

Silk Naturals Coconut Argan Cleansing Conditioner is my favorite for two reasons first is it's light, but heavy enough to leave your hair feeling soft and it detangles well. Second is the smell... it's not overpowering at all. I am protein sensitive and this conditioner doesn't bug my hair at all. I also love their making waves gel.

Silk Naturals
abstractcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #27

NvmbrCurlss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

As I Am. Good stuff
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
NvmbrCurlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #28

MojoDojo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011

I use Wen personally, but I also have to clarify every couple of weeks with it.

But my hair also did badly with CG (I got super itchy scalp, which rectified itself when I washed with a clarifying shampoo...), so I don't care that it's not CG. *shrugs*
MojoDojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #29

poemaXX's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by waterlily716 View Post
Giovanni's Triple Tea Treat conditioner is nice. Although it's not labelled as a cleansing conditioner, it has tea tree oil in it, and it does the job.
UPDATE: I decided to revisit Giovanni TTTT as a cowash and I love it!! My scalp is clean and there is plenty of slip to detangle my hair. YAY!
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 ||

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month; Leave-in OH Hair Dew; Cleansing Conditioner Giovanni TTTT. Just three!
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil; Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR; Style AOMMJ. Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers.
Propylene Glycol Sensitive - Itchy scalp? Facial Irritation? This might be why!
poemaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #30

MaggieT's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by poemaXX View Post
I'm so glad you posted this update -- I'm eager to try something new and have been wondering what to try. Gonna give this one a go! (I've been using Deva Care No Poo for years, but suddenly it's drying out my hair. Need a switch!)
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)
MaggieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #31

anonymous_133347's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013

poemaXX, also try Trader Joe's tea tree tingle conditioner if you have a Tj's nearby! I hear it's comparable to the Giovanni formula and even cheaper. I just love it. The slip is out of this world.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #32

Join Date: Apr 2013

Being allergic to sulfates I wanted to try this Ren cleansing conditioner. After a week of use (used 3 times) not only is my hair not clean. It feels as though I've been camping for a month in a third world country on a beach in August. It feels oily (i'm usually very dry) and my curls have disappeared. And it smells and not in a good pomegranite way. I don't nkow why it is this way, and I'm sure I rinsed it out well. It is just not made for my hair i guess.
meghen is offline   Reply With Quote