Cleansing conditioners?

I had the same experience with Ren ad I don't have protein sensitivities at all. I don't know what it was about it, but my hair hated it. The only thing I could think of was the amodimethicone since I've found that my hair doesn't do well with silicones in cleansers or conditioners.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
I haven't tried it yet, but Walmart has the new L'Oreal Evercurl CC, which received good reviews here.

L'Oreal Paris EverCurl Hydracharge Cleansing Conditioner, 8.3 fl oz: Hair Care : Walmart.com

If I do decide to pick it up, I'll give you some feedback.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
When I use Ren I only use it as a cleanser. I always use a rinse out after it.

If I do decide to pick it up, I'll give you some feedback.
Originally Posted by yossarian
This has a really heavy perfume scent, that combined what with only can be described as a gunky texture put me off of it. If you don't mind strong fragrances you might try it out.

3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
fotki pw: whim updated 06.05.14
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm & honey <3
stylers: As I Am leave in, original moxie hold up serum
@waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
Blog: Curls and Blossoms

The best conditioning cleanser I've used so far is Deva Curls no poo. You can also use your conditioner as a cleanser and a conditioner. As long as you give your scalp a good scrub your hair will be clean.

If you are looking for something a little less expensive than devacurl, I also use a lather free cleanser and conditioner from "curls" . Its all natural and has a coconut base. It can usually be found in any beauty supply store.

Hope this helps!

Pretty City Style | by City Dolls
Silk Naturals Coconut Argan Cleansing Conditioner is my favorite for two reasons first is it's light, but heavy enough to leave your hair feeling soft and it detangles well. Second is the smell... it's not overpowering at all. I am protein sensitive and this conditioner doesn't bug my hair at all. I also love their making waves gel.

Silk Naturals
As I Am. Good stuff
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
I use Wen personally, but I also have to clarify every couple of weeks with it.

But my hair also did badly with CG (I got super itchy scalp, which rectified itself when I washed with a clarifying shampoo...), so I don't care that it's not CG. *shrugs*
Giovanni's Triple Tea Treat conditioner is nice. Although it's not labelled as a cleansing conditioner, it has tea tree oil in it, and it does the job.
Originally Posted by waterlily716
UPDATE: I decided to revisit Giovanni TTTT as a cowash and I love it!! My scalp is clean and there is plenty of slip to detangle my hair. YAY!
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

Originally Posted by poemaXX
I'm so glad you posted this update -- I'm eager to try something new and have been wondering what to try. Gonna give this one a go! (I've been using Deva Care No Poo for years, but suddenly it's drying out my hair. Need a switch!)
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)
poemaXX, also try Trader Joe's tea tree tingle conditioner if you have a Tj's nearby! I hear it's comparable to the Giovanni formula and even cheaper. I just love it. The slip is out of this world.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Being allergic to sulfates I wanted to try this Ren cleansing conditioner. After a week of use (used 3 times) not only is my hair not clean. It feels as though I've been camping for a month in a third world country on a beach in August. It feels oily (i'm usually very dry) and my curls have disappeared. And it smells and not in a good pomegranite way. I don't nkow why it is this way, and I'm sure I rinsed it out well. It is just not made for my hair i guess.