-   -   Cleansing conditioners? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/151695-cleansing-conditioners.html)

poemaXX 11-07-2012 11:27 AM

Cleansing conditioners?

So I love L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner, but I don't love L'Oreal as a brand so much. I prefer to support companies that make a point of being fair-trade and/or organic. I like the slip that a cleansing conditioner provides and how it doesn't strip my hair. Any leads on alternatives I should try? Would be good to take advantage of Black Friday deals! TIA.

waterlily716 11-07-2012 08:27 PM

Giovanni's Triple Tea Treat conditioner is nice. Although it's not labelled as a cleansing conditioner, it has tea tree oil in it, and it does the job. :)

dresdendoll 11-10-2012 10:01 AM

I loved Darcy's Botanicals Daily Cleansing Conditioner Cream! It's all natural and works pretty well :) It doesn't provide much slip, but it definitely cleans with only the mildest surfactants and without stripping.

poemaXX 11-10-2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by waterlily716 (Post 2066659)

Giovanni conditioners do have a lot of slip... And this one has behentrimonium methosulfate so it'll lather. Hm. This may be worth revisiting! :cyclops: I tried it when i began my CG journey, but my hair is so different now that it just might work.

Originally Posted by dresdendoll (Post 2067924)

Can you believe I'd completely overlooked this brand so far? Even with all the rave reviews about their pumpkin seed conditioner. I'm not able to do a PJ haul right now, but I'm definitely making a note... :iconbiggrin:

KurleeEdna 11-10-2012 12:59 PM

Have you tried Ren (by Renpure)? Renpure | Cleansing Conditioners | Rosemary Mint | Sweet Pomegranate
I just bought one (BOGO free @ RiteAid), but I haven't tried it yet. I've read good things about them.

poemaXX 11-10-2012 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by KurleeEdna (Post 2067985)

Aw, it has amodimethicone since I'm CG that's a no-no. :( Thanks though! I hope it works well for you.

elizard 11-10-2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by poemaXX (Post 2067959)

free shipping on orders of $25 or more at curlmart right now... wouldn't have to be much of a haul to make the cut!

poemaXX 11-10-2012 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by elizard (Post 2068061)

Originally Posted by poemaXX (Post 2067959)

I've told myself no purchases until Black Friday! :angel7: I'm gonna be a goooood PJ and hold off til the discounts roll in...

rymorg2 11-11-2012 05:02 AM

My faves are the following in no particular order:

CJ Daily Fix.....this is really good if you have hard water and for the occasional cone use because it does have Cocomidapropyl Betaine in it and Tetrasodium EDT for the hard water. VERY moisturizing!

Darcy's......another fave, moisture heaven but not as cleansing as CJDF

As I am Coconut Cleansing Cream......an on ground fave as you can get it at Sallys.

Soho 11-11-2012 10:07 PM

Wen! Nothing I mean nothing comes close to it!

jsuzkelley 11-12-2012 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rymorg2 (Post 2068237)

HTH!

I haven't tried Darcy's yet (but love other products from this brand), but the CJ and AIA are my two staple co-washes. As rymorg said, CJDF is great if you have hard water or use the occasional cone; the AIA is perfect for an everday co-wash (works well without stripping my hair) and is affordable and available on the ground.

poemaXX 11-12-2012 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Soho (Post 2068784)
Wen! Nothing I mean nothing comes close to it!

Wen has amodimethicone, so it's a no-go for me. :sad: Thanks though!

Originally Posted by jsuzkelley (Post 2068936)

Originally Posted by rymorg2 (Post 2068237)

HTH!

These three sound great the Curl Junkie one especially! Thanks, gals. :)

FrizzBgone 11-25-2012 05:32 PM

Daily Fix by CJ is my favorite. I also like the As I Am Cleanser and Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

dresdendoll 11-27-2012 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by waterlily716 (Post 2066659)

Originally Posted by dresdendoll (Post 2067924)

My hair was acting up, so I tried the DB Cleansing Conditioner Cream again, it was GREAT! It actually had lots of slip and was very moisturizing yet cleansing. Totally recommend it! Haha, I have actually just order the Pumpkin to try. :)

Crownedwisdom 11-30-2012 08:59 AM

I just bought the loreal line yesterday because I didn't have money to buy my usual and I'm trying them out cause they were price cut at Target. I was the forever reading the bottles because I too am strictly CG and some of there products are silicone, sulfrate free but they were all mixed in together so I had to ensure what was what. I felt like I worked at Target because women were questioning if that is what I use for my hair, I had to direct them to the Shea products and other recommendations and explain this was my first time trying the products. I used the cleansing cream this morning and was surprised on the slip. I usually use Deva no poo because the slip on it works great for my thick long hair. Ill be following this thread cause I also like to support more natural companies.

poemaXX 11-30-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by waterlily716 (Post 2066659)

Just found out that Massage Warehouse sells Giovanni conditioners in liter and gallon sizes. Verrrrry tempting since it drives the cost per ounce down even more! :) Massage Warehouse: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat

Originally Posted by Crownedwisdom (Post 2078390)

I'm almost sad I like this L'Oreal product so much! :angel12: But I know there are more natural alternatives out there. The Giovanni TTTT seems like a very reasonably priced option. Curly Junkie Daily Fix sounds really cleansing without stripping. Darcy's Botanicals sounds moisturizing and dreamy. :love1:

waterlily716 12-02-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone (Post 2076031)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

I second the Jessicurl cleansing cream. So gentle.. :love7:

I also wanted to add the Ouidad cleansing conditioner. Just tried it and it's great! If you can get it for a steal.

Oh and also the ubiquitous Devacurl no-poo. Has a yummy lemon scent. :)

wildasshair 12-24-2012 12:57 AM

Ren Cleansing Conditioner

I just tried this today (Rosemary & Mint) with disastrous results! I'm 3B/C, coarse, extremely dry hair. Ren made my hair tangle into a horrible mess (in the shower), felt really dried out, and adding more didn't help at all. Tried to finger-comb my hair while in the shower (and with my hair slathered in Ren), and pulled out huge wads of hair! I immediately took it back, but that still leaves me with the frustrating question of how to go CG and find something that really works like it claims to? So frustrating. My hair is so dry and needs a ton of slip so I don't pull it all out when i out when I finger comb it in the shower.

Marie01141976 01-03-2013 05:51 PM

I recently found my HG co wash! I am a 3a/3b combo, and I have fallen in love with ABBA Pure Gentle leave in condish. I use it as both co wash and leave in. It has great slip, and foams just a tiny bit. Cone free w/ tons of yummy botanicals. A bit pricey, but I buy liters for $9.99 @ TJ Maxx.

poemaXX 01-04-2013 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by wildasshair (Post 2091036)

I haven't looked at the Ren ingredients, but it sounds like your hair might be protein sensitive. Many folks who are describe dry tangly hair even with conditioner.