-   -   Mane n' Tail (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/151791-mane-n-tail.html)

carmelwaves 11-10-2012 04:49 PM

Mane n' Tail

Hi- I'm starting the first official thread on Mane n' Tail! Has anyone used it? It's getting increasingly popular (or so I've heard). I know it works wonder for regular hair, but I'm curious about what it does for curls. I've just started using the shampoo and I seem to like it, but (as we all know) it takes many weeks of trial and error (or sucess) before we know if a product is really good or bad... So if you've ever used anything regarding Mane n' Tail, please add your feedback below.

(for anyone who doesn't know about Mane n' Tail) it originated as a a hair care line for horse's mane, but humans started using it and loved it, so now they have their own people line, too. It is said to make hair grow faster.)

Knotty_Maddy 11-10-2012 08:19 PM

If your hair likes protein, it might well like Mane 'n' Tail. Otherwise, you will end up with frizzy straw...it all depends on your hair type, and personal hair likes/dislikes ;) Most times, I find experimenting is the only way to know for sure. Hair is very unique and personal.

ps I have seen many lovely horses who used it successfully :D

jsuzkelley 11-12-2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Knotty_Maddy (Post 2068129)
ps I have seen many lovely horses who used it successfully :D

Lol! This made me laugh :)

Also curious about this line.

carmelwaves 11-12-2012 10:36 AM

I actually just gave in and got the conditioner and I am very impressed. My hair did noticibly have less frizz and it felt really soft when I ran my fingers through it this morning.

Keihs 11-12-2012 05:10 PM

For me, the conditioner was just like any other conditioner with protein. Though, I wouldn't stick with only that for conditioning or else you can get protein overload. It may work well at first, but make sure you balance out the protein with moisture.

Ericachristina 11-15-2012 10:15 PM

I have been wondering about this line, I have read a lot of reviews that stated these products make hair dry so I didn't bother with them.

WurlyLox 11-16-2012 11:21 AM

Actually, there have been many, many previous threads about it . . . .

dresdendoll 11-18-2012 05:28 PM

Well...
This started out great for me, but it dried my hair to the BONE, and the smell got to me :/

I wouldn't recommend it.

curlybran 11-25-2012 07:23 PM

Ive used mane n tail for years! I havent tried the human line lol.... but the original is great for me as long as I dont use to much

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App