• 1 Post By Keihs

Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #1

Default Mane n' Tail

Hi- I'm starting the first official thread on Mane n' Tail! Has anyone used it? It's getting increasingly popular (or so I've heard). I know it works wonder for regular hair, but I'm curious about what it does for curls. I've just started using the shampoo and I seem to like it, but (as we all know) it takes many weeks of trial and error (or sucess) before we know if a product is really good or bad... So if you've ever used anything regarding Mane n' Tail, please add your feedback below.

(for anyone who doesn't know about Mane n' Tail) it originated as a a hair care line for horse's mane, but humans started using it and loved it, so now they have their own people line, too. It is said to make hair grow faster.)
~A proud 2c who is so thankful to have stumbled across this site over a year ago!
carmelwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #2

Knotty_Maddy's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012

If your hair likes protein, it might well like Mane 'n' Tail. Otherwise, you will end up with frizzy straw...it all depends on your hair type, and personal hair likes/dislikes Most times, I find experimenting is the only way to know for sure. Hair is very unique and personal.

ps I have seen many lovely horses who used it successfully
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
Knotty_Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #3

jsuzkelley's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012

Originally Posted by Knotty_Maddy View Post
ps I have seen many lovely horses who used it successfully
Lol! This made me laugh

Also curious about this line.
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
jsuzkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #4

Join Date: Apr 2012

I actually just gave in and got the conditioner and I am very impressed. My hair did noticibly have less frizz and it felt really soft when I ran my fingers through it this morning.
carmelwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #5

Join Date: Jul 2012

For me, the conditioner was just like any other conditioner with protein. Though, I wouldn't stick with only that for conditioning or else you can get protein overload. It may work well at first, but make sure you balance out the protein with moisture.
LISA LISA likes this.
Keihs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #6

Ericachristina's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012

I have been wondering about this line, I have read a lot of reviews that stated these products make hair dry so I didn't bother with them.
Ericachristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #7

WurlyLox's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Actually, there have been many, many previous threads about it . . . .
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #8

Well...
This started out great for me, but it dried my hair to the BONE, and the smell got to me :/

I wouldn't recommend it.
2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
CG again as of 7/20/12

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
dresdendoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #9

curlybran's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008

Ive used mane n tail for years! I havent tried the human line lol.... but the original is great for me as long as I dont use to much

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App