CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Readers' Product Reviews (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/)
-   -   Curly solutions curl Keeper (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/151840-curly-solutions-curl-keeper.html)

tenapaige 11-12-2012 11:33 AM

Curly solutions curl Keeper
 
Has anyone tried this Ive seen one video on youtube this girls hair is just like mine but I still want to hear more reviews about this product
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m...%3DqOwMpF2mutU

Sandi 11-13-2012 09:19 PM

It's okay...? I think I get the same definition/hold without it though, so either I'm not using it right (not enough), or I just don't need it. I'm leaning toward not needing it, though, because I've used it a lot of ways...

Unfortunately, I don't have pics.

tenapaige 11-14-2012 01:19 PM

Ok thanks for the info I like to review products before I buy them

Corrina777 11-14-2012 01:31 PM

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see Curl Keeper used in this video. I saw Ouidad Climate Control Gel and CHS roller clips, but didn't see Curl Keeper at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

CurlyMJ 11-15-2012 11:32 AM

Ok I just tried this method using curl keeper and it worked amazingly! I did everything she did in the video and used curl keeper. I did, however, use a little aloe Vera gel over and my hair came out just like in the video!

Tenapaige - there is another thread where the awesome ladies here compare using regular ky jelly instead of curl keeper and have been getting the same results.

Corrina - She has another video where she uses curl keeper instead of Ouidad; I think she meant to post the video with curl keeper but instead posted the one where she uses ouidad.

tenapaige 11-15-2012 05:43 PM

Sorry for the confusion heres the intital link i meant to post
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5VOr...e_gdata_player

tenapaige 11-15-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrina777 (Post 2070301)
Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see Curl Keeper used in this video. I saw Ouidad Climate Control Gel and CHS roller clips, but didn't see Curl Keeper at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sry about that but this post was meant for any who have tried the product mentioned in the title: curl keeper by curly solutions

tenapaige 11-15-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyMJ (Post 2070830)
Ok I just tried this method using curl keeper and it worked amazingly! I did everything she did in the video and used curl keeper. I did, however, use a little aloe Vera gel over and my hair came out just like in the video!

Tenapaige - there is another thread where the awesome ladies here compare using regular ky jelly instead of curl keeper and have been getting the same results.

Corrina - She has another video where she uses curl keeper instead of Ouidad; I think she meant to post the video with curl keeper but instead posted the one where she uses ouidad.

1. Thanks for the review really helps btw I received an email from naturallycurly and frizzoff.com that curly solutions is having a 15% off sale

2. Im not really sure about ky jelly lol

3. Thanks for noticing and explaining my error because thats exactly what happened

Curlsnswirls 11-15-2012 06:14 PM

I LOVE curl keeper!!! It always gives me great hair! I use it over a leave in and a little oil. It's my favorite styler and never leaves my hair feeling producty, I can never over do it with CK.

curlypearl 11-15-2012 08:32 PM

I just got a sample of this and I'm going to try it. What a great video! Her hair is insanely gorgeous.

This very much for this thread. :wave:

tenapaige 11-15-2012 09:26 PM

Thankyou both curlypearl please do let me know how u like this product

tenapaige 11-15-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls (Post 2071031)
I LOVE curl keeper!!! It always gives me great hair! I use it over a leave in and a little oil. It's my favorite styler and never leaves my hair feeling producty, I can never over do it with CK.

Is this product only good with a leave in and does it dry ur hair a bit or moisturize?

Curlsnswirls 11-15-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenapaige (Post 2071115)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls (Post 2071031)
I LOVE curl keeper!!! It always gives me great hair! I use it over a leave in and a little oil. It's my favorite styler and never leaves my hair feeling producty, I can never over do it with CK.

Is this product only good with a leave in and does it dry ur hair a bit or moisturize?

I always use a leave in so I'm not sure. I use a moisturizing leave in, so I've never had curl keeper dry my hair out and I live in a dry climate. I believe it moisturized my hair some, but not a whole lot. It enhances my curls and makes them shiny.

tenapaige 11-16-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls (Post 2071118)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenapaige (Post 2071115)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls (Post 2071031)
I LOVE curl keeper!!! It always gives me great hair! I use it over a leave in and a little oil. It's my favorite styler and never leaves my hair feeling producty, I can never over do it with CK.

Is this product only good with a leave in and does it dry ur hair a bit or moisturize?

I always use a leave in so I'm not sure. I use a moisturizing leave in, so I've never had curl keeper dry my hair out and I live in a dry climate. I believe it moisturized my hair some, but not a whole lot. It enhances my curls and makes them shiny.

Ok thankyou I think I might try this product!

Corrina777 11-16-2012 10:43 AM

Curl Keeper is one of my HG products, but you might have issues if you have problems with glycerin. My hair is really agreeable and does fine with glycerin in all dews, but for other people low dews plus glycerin can result in dry, tangled hair.

I haven't had a chance to watch the CK video, but if it's the same technique as the first video, I have great admiration for anyone who can spend that much time doing their hair. Most days I don't even diffuse and air dry instead. The video did inspire me to slightly modify how I apply my gel, in order to get that more complete coverage, but this full technique is just way too much work for me.

I have used CK alone as my styling product (over LI), but found that I got better results when I mixed a very small blob of a thin, harder hold gel into the CK before scrunching. I previously used Biotera Gel for this, but recently got hooked on GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel and will be trying that combo soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

CurlyMJ 11-16-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrina777 (Post 2071353)
Curl Keeper is one of my HG products, but you might have issues if you have problems with glycerin. My hair is really agreeable and does fine with glycerin in all dews, but for other people low dews plus glycerin can result in dry, tangled hair.

I haven't had a chance to watch the CK video, but if it's the same technique as the first video, I have great admiration for anyone who can spend that much time doing their hair. Most days I don't even diffuse and air dry instead. The video did inspire me to slightly modify how I apply my gel, in order to get that more complete coverage, but this full technique is just way too much work for me.

I have used CK alone as my styling product (over LI), but found that I got better results when I mixed a very small blob of a thin, harder hold gel into the CK before scrunching. I previously used Biotera Gel for this, but recently got hooked on GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel and will be trying that combo soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hey Corrina - is the liquid sculpting gel CG? And any idea how it compares to BRHG?

Corrina777 11-16-2012 01:19 PM

Liquid Sculpting Gel is CG, glycerin-free and has a good amount of protein. Consistency is similar to Curl Keeper, hold is similar to Biotera. So thinner than BRHG and a bit less hold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

CurlyMJ 11-16-2012 01:51 PM

Ok thank you!

tenapaige 11-16-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrina777 (Post 2071353)
Curl Keeper is one of my HG products, but you might have issues if you have problems with glycerin. My hair is really agreeable and does fine with glycerin in all dews, but for other people low dews plus glycerin can result in dry, tangled hair.

I haven't had a chance to watch the CK video, but if it's the same technique as the first video, I have great admiration for anyone who can spend that much time doing their hair. Most days I don't even diffuse and air dry instead. The video did inspire me to slightly modify how I apply my gel, in order to get that more complete coverage, but this full technique is just way too much work for me.

I have used CK alone as my styling product (over LI), but found that I got better results when I mixed a very small blob of a thin, harder hold gel into the CK before scrunching. I previously used Biotera Gel for this, but recently got hooked on GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel and will be trying that combo soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks ... Im actuallly not sure how my hair responds to glycerin lol but i guess Ill have to figure that out lol

curlypearl 11-17-2012 06:53 PM

I totally am in LOVE with Curl Keeper:blob2: I just posted about this in the general forum in the thread about come in in if you use Curl Keeper.

Tenapaige, thanks a milliion for posting that video. I used my sample and followed her video and my hair looks amazing. Now I think I want more highlights in it to show of the curls.

My hair feels very light and bouncy, and not sticky at all. This is truly a unique product. Hooray!!! :sunny::thumbup:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com