-   -   Confused! Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Shampoo (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/152536-confused-marc-anthony-oil-morocco-shampoo.html)

boing! 12-02-2012 08:57 PM

Confused! Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Shampoo

I did a search for this shampoo but couldn't find anything on it.

I purchased this product because it says "sulfate free" across the front but didn't really read the ingredients list in the store. The cleansing ingredient is cocamidopropyl betaine and I've heard that gets out cones. The 6th ingredient down is dimethicone copolymer and the 10th ingredient down is amodimethicone.

I really love this shampoo. It smells great and leaves my hair shiny and manageable. But does the CB get out the cones? Are they water soluble cones? I use HESMU and have read that's okay because the cones are water soluble.

I'm not new to CG but have never used a shampoo with a silicone in it before so I'm a little confused.

Should I low-poo once a week? Any help would be appreciated!

kathymack 12-03-2012 04:57 AM

I googled it just to make sure. I found this a few times to describe dimethicone copolymer. "Dimethicone Copolymer is a film-forming agent to whom silicones were added." Amodimethicone is definitely a silicone. There is controversy as to whether or not it builds up.

Coco b should remove those cones. But using that shampoo, you're just redepositing them!

That being said, you need to do what works for you. If this works for you and you want to use it, that's fine. If you want to be CG, then you shouldn't use it. It's your hair/your choice.

boing! 12-03-2012 08:44 AM

okay! thanks for your help. it doesn't really make sense to reintroduce cones every time i wash.