Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #1

Join Date: Aug 2008
Default Best Way to Use Living Proof Products

Even though the products work well for my hair, I would consider them a "hair treat" because of the price and the size of the containers--small. However, I've learned that the best way to get more than your money's worth of usage is to use the product sparingly. This means the longer it stays in your hair, the longer your style will last.

For example, it's been five days since I recently used (and love!) the Prime Style Extender, and my curl definition still looks likes Day 1 of a WNG. Even when I take a shower, I don't loose the definition, and at night I just place a bonnet on my hair--no re-twisting, etc. The first time I used the product, I didn't shampoo my hair until about two weeks later. Someone commented that my hair looked nice. I thanked her and said I'm glad it "still looks nice" because it's been a while since I shampooed my hair. She honestly looked surprised and said that she thought I just did it that day.

Perhaps you're thinking that's no big deal, except that my hair is highly porous. Very few products keep it from frizzing--not even silicones prevent it from frizzing.

So even though the price tag is a bit steep, I had to try Living Proof because of the "special ingredient"(Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA) (Moisture-Controlling Active), to prevent frizz. I'm glad I did!

BTW, if you order from the website, you get free shipping, free samples, and returns.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
SPRING REGIMEN-This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat: coconut oil
Clarifier:
hiatus for now
Cowash: HE The Sleeker The Butter, HE NOYF w/Mandarin
PT: hiatus for now/DT:Redken Diamond Oil Deep Facets, Living Proof PHD
LI/Detangler: CK Satin Roots, Nu-Gro Leave-in
Oils: tamanu/Moisturizers: various
Stylers: CK Curl Factor, AH Cupuacu & Burdock Sweet Hair Pudding

*experimenting and loving it!

Greatcurls is offline   Reply With Quote