Jane Carter Cream?!

Why did the Curl Defining Cream freeze dry my hair, suck out all moisture before the end of the day, then not rinse out?????! I'm kinda angry at this cream right now...I saw the ingredients listed on NC include heavy polyquats, but they're not listed on the jar, which is why I went for it. It's acting as if there are unlisted cones or something...uugh... Anyone know what's happening here?

"To much is given, much is expected"
interesting you bring this up as i was in wholefoods on friday and was buying another jc nourish & shine and saw the tester for the curl defining cream. before i pumped and tried some, i looked at ingredients listed on the jar. and i saw two polyquats that i had not heard of, so i restrained myself and did not try it.
i think one was pq 37 which i think i vaguely remember as reading it's being conditioning? but i could be wrong on both. also, they were listed at the end of the ingredient list, so maybe not so bad. however, your hair did not like something in it.
just wanted to say that polyquats were definitely listed on the jar i saw at wholefoods. maybe you have an older jar with an old label???
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
^^^agreed. My hair hated something in this soooo much I had to CLARIFY! Slowly nursing moisture back into my hair.

*my inner pj is severely humbled....

Here are the ingredients I found at CurlMart:

Purified Water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parki (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternuim-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic acid, Fragrance

My hair doesn't care for polyquats. So far, it's 4, 7 and 10 that I know. Now, I steer clear of any product that has them. I was told they can't possibly "build up;" however, I did have to use a lowpoo with a stronger surfactant to "remove them." Coco b didn't do it.

Other then the polyquats, there's nothing that "jumps" out at me. If that's not what it is the only other thing I can think of is all of the plant extracts--if you're protein sensitive. If your hair likes protein, it's the polyquats.

It's gotta b the polyquats

"To much is given, much is expected"
And they surely weren't listed on my jar.....?

"To much is given, much is expected"
The ingredients KM posted also show glycerin - I've had to stop using glycerin in anything I leave in now that the dews are low, otherwise it sucks the moisture out. That could be part of what's happening. But I also agree that the yucky build up feeling is probably the polyquats. I don't know about the science behind whether they truly "build up" but I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that some of them are not water soluble.
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
^^ur right j-kells...I should never have tried to use glycerin, despite the Quats, in winter....