-   -   angel vs arc angel? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/153138-angel-vs-arc-angel.html)

elizard 12-21-2012 03:15 PM

angel vs arc angel?

i'm wondering about the consistency of arc angel. i like the thin consistency of angel, but i'm trying to get away from anything with polyquats in it. i heard that biotera has a similar consistency and still has decent hold, but it has polyquats too. any thoughts?

shellyRN07swavy 12-21-2012 07:27 PM

I think arc is slightly more liquidy and hold then angel...I really like it in lower dews, which in south FL is like 50s....lol...in summer it gives me glycerin induced frizz...been my main gel for the last few weeks...

elizard 12-23-2012 08:48 AM

Yay! Your endorsement means a lot!

shellyRN07swavy 12-23-2012 05:32 PM

No prob my hair twin....I think next time ill get the big bottle... also have you tried the deva foam???? It is my HG status right now....

elizard 12-26-2012 09:09 AM

No I haven't tried the foam yet. I have a hunch that it would work in my hair, but polyquats have been giving my hair a weird soft coated feeling, so I'm trying to stay away from them.

crazywaves 12-27-2012 06:02 PM

Have you checked out the Deva ultra defining gel? I am loving it.

shellyRN07swavy 12-28-2012 06:13 AM

The ultra defining gel is like angel mixed with BRHG....my hair dosent do well with it..too much hold...and dosent seem to make my curls "pop"... but if u like BRHG elizard...ull prob love it too...

crazywaves 12-28-2012 12:12 PM

I dont find biotera to have any hold. I dont find the ultra defining gel to be anything like BHRG. It defines like nothing I have tried before but has a light/med hold. Its great for me in the winter when I dont need much hold but come summer I would consider using BRHG over it if needed.

For me it takes a lot of arc angel and my hair feels producty from it to get hold. Check the swap boards someone had the big 33oz for 15.00 for the arc angel.