loving devacurl 3 step (asian hair)

I'm Vietnamese (American born) and I've always had crazy, frizzy, annoying hair that required straightening. I've always said I'd be a different person if I had straight hair! Six months ago I decided to embrace wavy hair. I didn't know really know what it could/would look like. I tried every product from low to high end with inconsistent results. My hair would look good at first and then never again. Plus I discovered my hair hates protein. Protein made my ends dry and hard but I discovered with lots of deep conditioning I did not have to cut my hair. Thank goodness.

Anyway, I month ago I tried Devacurl 3 Step and my hair LOVES it. I have never had such light bouncy shiny hair in my whole adult life. And the results are consistent. I learned to use products at Capella Salon in Studio City, CA.

I attached a picture. This is second day hair at end of day, not blow dried first or second day. I did use the Mister second day. Can someone tell me my hair type? My guess is 2b or 2c but I'm not sure?

I might get Devacurl blow dryer too. Anyone have thoughts on that, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
loving devacurl 3 step (asian hair)-photo-12.jpg

Last edited by Tpham; 12-28-2012 at 07:25 PM.
awesome results!

You are so lucky you went to Capella salon. I follow Shai on instagram- he does fantastic work!!

devacurl is amazing =)

Diane
NYC/NJ
2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

faves: - deva, jessicurl, ouidad...major product junkie
mod cg method as of 10/2012
goals: grow out bad layered cut & grow hair to waist!
last softener: Sept 2010