New Ever Curl Cleansing Conditioner

Has anyone tried the new Ever Curl Cleansing Conditioner? I have and it's more moisturizing than the Ever Creme CD but I like the Ever Creme smell better. It, combined with the Ever Curl conditioner made my hair look great. One question though! When I look in Product Review I get a big grey bar that covers the first review and the ingredients. It doesn't say it's silicone-free but when I looked the ingredients up on another web site I can't find any in the ingredients. Are there new silicones that i don't know about? There wasn't anything with a cone in it. Please let me know and does anyone else have that annoying bar?
I have not tried the Ever Curl line yet but I am trying to find reviews to help me decide if its worth it. I probably will be trying it later. But as to your questions about whether or not this line contains any silicones, they do not. I contacted Loreal Paris Customer Service and the agent I talked to confirmed that none of their products contain silicone. Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by kd1776
That agent either lied to you or was misinformed: several of the products in the EverCurl line have cones: shampoo (Divinyldimethicone/ Dimethicone Copolymer; Amodimethicone); oil (Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethiconol); and the cream gel (PEG-12 dimethicone; Dimethicone, Dimethiconol).

The cleansing conditioner, leave-in cream and the conditioner have no silicones.

I picked up the conditioner (used twice) and cream-gel (once) this week, and I'm still experimenting with them. The conditioner is thicker than I expected, with decent slip and very good detangling properties, but it seems to be weighing down my hair. The cream gel didn't "expand" the way some stylers do when I rub it in my hands, such as CJ CCCCL* or Boots. I had no frizz whatsoever, although curl enhancing and hold were just OK. Next time I use this, I'll pair it with a different conditioner to see whether I get better results. Both products smell really good.

I'll keep you posted as I continue to try these out, or if I break down and buy the cleansing conditioner

You can find reviews here:
Product Search Results

* CJ CCCCL = Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2a/b
medium/thick
high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
Oils: caudalie, sweet almond
Originally Posted by seamelody14
They are also listed on the Product Reviews page that I linked to, along with info on the attributes of each (i.e., sulfate-free, protein-free etc). Very helpful for newbies who haven't mastered the ability to identify proteins, silicones, etc among all those unpronounceable names.

As a public service, I went ahead and bought the cleansing conditioner I have used it twice, once with the EverCurl cream gel and once with Donna Marie curling gelly. The directions say no additional conditioner is necessary, so I used this solo.

I'm impressed with the results thus far. Although the directions say to use 8-10 pumps, I only needed 3. My hair and scalp feel clean, detangling was painless, and I have good curl definition with minimal frizz. I'm going to keep this in my regular rotation and see whether it holds up.

Sadly, the cream-gel is just not for me. I really wanted to like this, as I was intrigued by the idea of a multifunctional product at a very reasonable price, but my hair did much better with the DM. Even when I used a low-poo beforehand, it left my hair flat and heavy feeling. Could be the polyquat-69, or maybe my hair simply doesn't respond to cones anymore. In any case, I will not repurchase.

I actually liked the scent a lot, whereas I couldn't stand the EverCreme CC - gave me a wicked migraine. But some of the other reviewers didn't care for the smell of the EverCurl either, so I guess I'm an outlier in that regard.
Originally Posted by seamelody14

Originally Posted by yossarian
Oh oops, didn't see it! I love the evercurl smell, and I really want to try the cleansing conditioner now! Too bad about the cream gel, the concept looked great to me too, but oh well. My hair is weird with polyquats too, so I generally try to avoid them.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
2a/b
medium/thick
high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
Oils: caudalie, sweet almond
I have tried the Ever Curl Sculpting and Hold Creme Gel and it made my hair frizzy as the day went on. It does work for me as a pompade. I do like the Ever Curl Cleansing Conditioner and Conditioner. When I use As I Am Curl Curling Jelly over these my hair really looks good. I love As I Am products too! I get these at Sally's as well as the Curls line. I really love my hair curly. It is a combination of 3b and 3c. I am a real curl junkie but my budget has been disrupted by the high cost of food so I can't order from Curl Mart like I used to but thanks to Curl Mart and all you wonderful curlies I love my hair now!
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to know for those who have tried both, which CC did you like better, the EverCreme or the EverCurl? Thanks!
Originally Posted by AuburnandCurly
I have used both, and did not like the EverCreme at all. I probably would have put up with the smell if it worked well on my hair (the sacrifices we make for beauty!), but it left me with frizzy, limp, greasy-looking curls.

OTOH, the EverCurl clicked for me immediately. Fourth day in a row, and I have bouncy, frizz-free curls without using a rinse-out or leave-in.

YMMV, of course. A lot of curlies loved the EverCreme CC, including the scent. (From what I've read, the entire L'Oreal Ever line contains strongly scented products, so be warned if you're sensitive to perfumes.)

I have a sample set of the L'Oreal EverCreme if anyone wants it (poo, condish and masque). No CC, but you can still get an idea of whether the line is for you. Drop me a PM if interested.
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
I am very pleased with the Evercurl CC. Great slip and scent!
JulesOnline

3A/B? A corkicelli mix of ringlets, spirals, helixes & s-shaped curls
Medium-fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Summer: pink; Winter: Blue; Year Round: green
Lo-Poo:Giovanni SAS sulfate free poo, L'Oreal Evercream CC
Co-wash: TNRV, VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, TNNM
RO/LI:
YTC, Nexxus Hydra-light w/ CNPF GVPCB, Biolage CB, TNNM, Giovanni SAS
Styler: KCCC FSG, BRHG, LALSG

Doesn't the conditioner have mineral oil?
Doesn't the conditioner have mineral oil?
Originally Posted by abstractcurls
Good catch! Yes it does. I was so focused on making sure it was cone-free that I totally missed that - thank you! NOW I know why my hair hates it : (

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
I've been using the Evercurl Cleansing Conditioner for about a week now. I really like it. I do not use it with anything else. I always have a good hair day when I have used this.

Since I'm new to CG I want to try other products to see if anything works better tho.
3A, Fine, Unsure of porosity
Curly Girl since 11/10/13 - Still figuring out what works best for my hair!
lopoo 1x per week with - Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo