Trader Joes's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

Trader joes TTT conditioner is my staple cowash conditioner. I've been using it for over a year and I love it.
I'm so pleased HoC and mimismom and all of you other guys love it, too. I was afraid of this conditioner not getting enough love and I didn't want people to be missing out. I tried it out as a cowash on the scalp this week and it doesn't cause any product buildup so suddenly I'm not afraid to co-wash the scalp again! For realsies, this stuff is amazing.
Houseofcurls likes this.

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper

* = HG

Dusalocks and Co., I have tried several Cowash conditioners and frankly the best, and for me the detangling ability is the most important, is TJ Tea Tree. It does not compare to the other popular CG friendly conditioners out there
(V05 Milk (2nd best), Tresemme (not a fan), Shea Moisture Retention Conditioner (poor slip), etc.). I used to be a product junkie but no more.
Yay! I know! Isn't it amazing? It's my HG conditioner for sure. I think it's the mallow in there that causes my hair to separate and detangle almost by itself. (Mallow is in my beloved kinky curly knot today which I don't use for detangling really since it's my LI, but which I believe might help promote clumpage.)

* = HG

Oh no wait. It's not mallow but marshmallow. Hmm. . .well there's something in there giving it that fantastic slip! Maybe the horsetail?

* = HG

I'm in love with this stuff. It has become my hg.

Last edited by HelloBunny; 03-19-2013 at 10:57 AM.
I picked up a couple bottles of this when we were on vacation and wow..I really love this conditioner!!! I've used it as a co-wash and a rinse out...LOVE!! Only downside...I cannot buy it locally . There is supposed to be a store open up about two hours from where I live...sooooo I may have to stock up when I'm anywhere near there. Unfortunately I have no idea when the store is supposed to open . I'm glad I picked up a couple bottles though. They should last me a while. I also picked up the nourishing one but haven't tried it yet. I love the price of this too! I wished they sold it in liters..or better yet gallons. I will probably have a family member ship me several bottles . I cannot believe they are selling a bottle for over $10 at amazon, plus shipping!!'
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Just adding my vote for TTT. My hair tends to be very picky about conditioners for CO, and it loves TTT. It's cleansing and moisturizing, with plenty of slip for detangling. I finally got my husband to go CO (he swims 3-4 times a week, and his hair is fine and dry), and he's very happy with it as well.
3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
I give it an A++++ too! I love the slight lather I get with it, and the smell is fresh and clean. It's cheap too....until I factor in the hour drive each way to TJ. Next time I'll buy more. The only 2 cowashes I like are this, and CJ daily fix.

Anyone use this as a leave-in?
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
I don't think you should use it as leavein. It might give you a burning sensation with the tea tree and peppermint.
It is amazing and my HG conditioner! You can leave in a tiny amount near the ends but not near the scalp

Makes a great co wash !

I just wish the shampoo didn't have a sulfate.
Current routine:
DEVA No Poo, as a shampoo and conditioner in one (can be used on dry hair to remove build up, then wet hair and complete washing process).

DEVA One Conditioner or TJ Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner as a co-wash (1 - 2X a week)

DEVA light gel & volumizing mousse on very wet hair, scrunch with a microfiber towel

Diffuse with duck clips

HAIR STATS

*3a

*Low porosity
*Low hair density
*Fine hair, but lots of it
ill be buying this tmrw cos you guys convinced me lol
I'm very intrigued by this conditioner. I'm wondering if it would be similar at all to the Giovanni TTTT though?
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Originally Posted by asianrunner
It's very similar. But, I think the Trader Joe's version is better. It doesn't have glycerin. I think the Giovanni's does if I remember correctly. You also get a lot more, and it is considerably cheaper. Anyhow, even aside from the price and amount, I like the TJ's better.
Started CG July 8, 2008

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: Ion Effective Care Treatment
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
Protein Treatment: Nutress Moisturizing Protein Pack
Deep Condition:Acure Moroccan Argan Conditioner+Sally's GVP Balm
DusaLock, happy to know I am not the only one not too crazy about the SM Conditioner. I ll check the paraben information online. I am not too informed about this. Also a good natural product that works as both a leavein and curl styler/gel is aloe Vera gel with jojoba oil. I use 3 tbsp avg plus 1 tbsp oil for my length (mid neck if stretched with finger) and type of hair (4a). Try it out!
Originally Posted by rmc2
I do the same! I use grapeseed oil instead tho because it's less expensive. Love the smoothness, shine & definition. Add shea butter and the moisture level is crazy good for me. My staple moisture combo.

I'd love to use the Tea Tree Tingle. Wanna know if I can use it as a cowash & leave in and save some money. Love the products I currently use, but I'm more price conscious then ever before (college kid probs), so looking for alternatives.
Maybe they've changed the formula. Here's the current ingredients list:

water, tea tree, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile oil, clary, coltsfoot leaf, yarrow oil, mallow, horsetail oil, soybean protein, cetyl alcohol, vitamin e, trace minerals, citric acid, sodium hydroxymethylgycinate, grape seed

I don't see any parabens.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
The stuff was not moisturizing at all for my hair and made it dry and tangly.
Another vote up for TTT. I just recently started CG and I wanted an affordable conditioner that will help my itchy scalp. I love it! It detangles my hair so easily and leaves it really soft and moisturized. I've been using it as a co-wash and a rinse out. I've been wondering if I should get a different rinse out but I don't think I will since my hair likes TTT so much.
Type: In between 3A/3B I believe