-   -   Trader Joes's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/154119-trader-joess-tea-tree-tingle-conditioner.html)

anonymous_133347 01-19-2013 02:26 PM

Trader Joes's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

I noticed a lot more reviews on the shampoo than the conditioner and I thought why is that the case. I've only used it once so I can't say whether or not it is drying over time but oh my goodness it has the most amazing slip. I put it in my hair and it separated into easily detangled chunky curls right away. So it's very moisturizing. It's also supposed to be more cleansing than the average conditioner due to all those clarifying oils which is why I may only use it once a week but I'm rather tempted to reach for it tomorrow too. I am still trying to test my hair's protein tolerance but it only has soy protein and it's further down the ingredients list.

Has anybody else tried this conditioner and what was their experience? On the basis of the one off I'd give it an A+ since I loved the smell and it left my hair like silk. :thumbleft: Also it was only $3.99! This may become a staple.

rmc2 01-20-2013 06:24 PM

It is my favorite Cowash/conditioner too for the same reasons, slip and cleansing capabilities.

anonymous_133347 01-21-2013 01:20 PM

Sweet! I'll keep using it for at least a month just to be sure but then I'll write a lovely review to spread the word.

curry curls 01-21-2013 03:18 PM

I love it too. I'd give it an A+ as well. I've used it for at least a year or two.

anonymous_133347 01-21-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by curry curls (Post 2106093)

That's so encouraging to learn! I only wish trader joes nourish conditioner was paraben free so that I could try that one too. Seems like they make real quality products.

Calendula 01-21-2013 09:29 PM

We just got a Trader Joe's in my city and I'm excited to sample their hair products!

anonymous_133347 01-21-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Calendula (Post 2106281)

Calendula, I'm excited for your hair and your fridge! :D

rmc2 01-22-2013 08:09 AM

Dusalocks, I may be wrong but for me it is more important for a conditioner to be silocone free than paraben free. But everyone is different. You can try Shea Moisture conditioners (ie Restorative Conditioner) which are both silicone and paraben free but I don't like them much because I don't think they have enough slip for me.

anonymous_133347 01-22-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by rmc2 (Post 2106417)

No, you're not wrong. My hair doesn't mind parabens at all. Silicones I think weigh it down but parabens are preservatives so they don't make much difference. I simply avoid them because of the increased risk of cancer. There's a good site about the subject. Google "skin deep". They monitor beauty/skin/hair care products for us ladies because the FDA doesn't. I've been avoiding parabens in my skin and cosmetic products for years actually. It's only with hair that I made the exception because Wen was the only thing that "worked" for my hair before and made it possible to detangle in the shower. Also my favorite hair serums for heat styling had parabens in them too. Now that I've gone CG and discovered all these more natural products, however, my hair has sprung up and come back to life. I've never seen it so curly. At least not since I was a child and I discovered how to "fix it" with heat.

I love Shea Moisture, by the way, but I agree with you that the slip is not so great in the restorative conditioner. I have to let it sit a few minutes. I really would like to try that coconut hibiscus one when they finally bring it to my local Walgreens. :p

rmc2 01-22-2013 04:41 PM

DusaLock, happy to know I am not the only one not too crazy about the SM Conditioner. I ll check the paraben information online. I am not too informed about this. Also a good natural product that works as both a leavein and curl styler/gel is aloe Vera gel with jojoba oil. I use 3 tbsp avg plus 1 tbsp oil for my length (mid neck if stretched with finger) and type of hair (4a). Try it out!

rmc2 01-22-2013 04:43 PM

The coconut hibiscus milk has more slip than the Conditioner (I think). It is a leavein but the company brochure says it can also be used as a rinse out conditioner.

anonymous_133347 01-23-2013 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by rmc2 (Post 2106810)

Oh that is good. I'll try it out. I'm type 3A and have just started sealing with jojoba. I have some aloe in the fridge in case I burn myself in the kitchen. Hasn't happened yet. Knock on wood! It's supposedly pure aloe (although it has citric acid I think as a preservative) but it is more liquid than gel. Will it have enough hold? It's by Aubrey Organics. Or do I need to actually buy an aloe gel?

I haven't tried the style milk yet but I tried the coconut and hibiscus curl cream today and it made my hair a bit crunchy. (But really curly so it works.) I probably should've used it on very wet hair as like a leave in maybe. I really like the smell though. I may purchase the milk then.

anonymous_133347 01-23-2013 12:33 AM

rmc2, it just occurred to me to ask since you may have tried it: is the consistency of the milk thinner or thicker? I know my knot today can double as a RO as well as a LI (although I haven't tried it yet :confused1:). Is the coconut milk comparable to that?

dee-nature 01-23-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by rmc2 (Post 2106810)

I agree with you both i love SM product except the conditioner and curl enhancement smoothie. Condish bc for the same reason as your guy NO SLIP wtf?! And the smoothie is a better DT than styler.

I have been tempted to try trader joes condish but just havent gotten around to it. Will try it next

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App

rmc2 01-23-2013 07:10 AM

Dusalock, the consistency of the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Milk is a bit more thin (I think) than KK Knot Today. I think it is better than the SM conditioner but I thin KKKT is better overall. As for the AVG, I use the "edible" kind for my hair even if it has citric acid etc. I figured if it is good enough for ingestion, it should be fine for my hair. I have yet to get a real aloe vera plant. For my 4a mid neck length (if stretched with fingers), I use 3 tbsp
Avg mixed with 1 tbsp jojoba oil (or I guess almond, avocado oil etc.) on soaking wet hair and finger comb it. It beautifully serves as both leave in and curl styler/gel. It enhances my curls and gives me a very soft hold (I don't really like hold/crunch). As for the Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner, try it out as well. It is a good cleansing and detangling conditioner.

rmc2 01-23-2013 07:12 AM

For the AVG, I use either the lily of the desert brand or Whole Foods 365 brand, both @ Whole Foods. Some will say inner fillet something or whole something. I use either but inner may be a bit better. But to me it makes no difference.

anonymous_133347 01-23-2013 12:44 PM

This is excellent advice. I'm still going to experiment with the smoothie as a styler, but the ingredients are so wonderful and nutritious I can use it as a deep treatment. I think I'll deep treat sometime this week then since I made the mistake of using a clarifying shampoo last night and not pre pooing beforehand. As for the milk, if kinky curly knot today is better then maybe I'll hold off on purchasing it. I already found my HG LI so why mess with perfection? :wink:

anonymous_133347 01-23-2013 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by rmc2 (Post 2107124)

Also excellent advice. Thanks so much! I'll go get the one that's edible. Off to Whole Foods I go. . .

rmc2 01-23-2013 02:20 PM

Dusalocks, you are right. If it ain't broke why fix it. Since u already have the KKKT, no need to get the SM milk, although the product junkie that I used to be would still have bought it. I no longer am though.

Houseofcurls 01-27-2013 07:47 PM

I love the TTT condish. It's what I cowash with. Fave.