Dermorganic intensive hair repair masque???

Hey I just bought this found it at TJ Maxx for 20 bucks. It's suppose to help elasticity which I need and I've read good reviews on it. Has anyone tried it? Has it improved your curls? Made hair curlier?

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
I'd say that it's fine, but not fabulous. I use it as a rinse out. Just want to finish it.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Did it help at all with your curls or made it curlier?

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
It performed similair to Tresemme Naturals for me. It smells nice, the ingredients are great and I may just have to revisit this....hmmmm. Unfortunately I cannot double this as a leave in, cuz triglycerides make me break out...but as a rinse out or DC...yup.
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
I can't wait to try it out I hope it works I plan to use it as a DT n the bottle is HUGE so it's gonna last me a while

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
Did it help at all with your curls or made it curlier?
Originally Posted by longlivecurls
When I first got it, I thought it was really nice. It made my hair soft. Don't remember much about curl enhancement. I've found a lot of things that tighten my curl.

^^ If you don't mind can you please share your tips that have helped tighten your curls

Originally Posted by longlivecurls
I post A LOT--and frequently "talk" about what I do.

Most important is to read as much as you can about hair. Then, you need to find out what your hair likes--unfortunately, it's a lot of trial and error. A good haircut is the foundation for great hair. Learning the various techniques your hair likes is important.

My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. I stay away from chemicals, especially polyquats. I use natural soap bars to cleanse (they were the rage on nc.com summer of '08.) I feel that they tighten curl and remove the residual ingredients from the really rich products I use. Do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein. This tightens curl, adds volume and reduces frizz.

Our properties are really different, so what works for me might not work for you. It's all about finding out what your hair likes.

Natural soap bars sounds interesting definitely will take a look at that...I've been doing a PT once a week lately and my hair loves it and I think the SM line products have protein in them as well I think that has really helped my hair. Last night I tried out the product as a DT after I did a PT n it felt really nice n clumped really well. Today I've had the best 2nd day hair so far n I can actually wear it down.

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
I just purchased this at Ulta and then found the large bottles at TJ max as well to try and fix my fried bangs from overproccessing from highlights/lowlights.
My hair has a mind of its own because everyday I cowash and style and it looks different every time even if I do exactly the same steps.....
Anyway I soaked with this on my hair while I read in the tub twice and rinsed underwater and it came out beautiful and clumped shiny soft curls without any crunch even after my mousse. Then I used it in the shower and it didn't clump the same way, so I assumed the underwater rinse may be leaving some in my hair, so I tried it as a leave in but it was only a little better but not as clumpy. So I'm still on the fence with this one.....
I can't decide if it works any better than my Tresemme naturals or my Desert essence coconut and worth the price when TJ maxx no longer has it. It may only be great as a DT and not a daily rinse as an option to GVP conditioning balm that has a similar consistency. Any thoughts from anyone else?
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Try the super soaking method. It really helps my curls clump and it's probably the closest thing to underwater rinsing w/o going underwater lol. I use this product every time I wash my hair either as a RO, DT or LI. Depends on what I'm doing to my hair. I haven't had a great experience with the GVP CB. I don't know why but it dries my hair and makes my scalp itchy. Hope this helps a bit

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
Thanks for the info. on super soaking....I've watched the video a few times and read about it and it looks like so much trouble and I can't really understand why it works??? the extra water is the secret to clumping or what? but I may try it and see if it works since you mentioned it!! yea, I got the GVP because so many people used it as a DT after a PT and my hair got damaged so I've been trying to repair it, I prefer more natural products as long as they work. What other stylers do you use with the DermOrganics as a leave in? If that is your pic in your fotki your hair is beautiful!
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Yea I've had issues trying to get a routine going that didn't feel like a mission. Best way I found is in the shower after I apply my LI upside down, I turn to face the shower head (hair is still upside down) cup my hands to fill with water and then using a scrunching motion soak my hair. Don't squeeze too much the whole point is to soak the hair and you don't want to lose all product. I do this at the end right before I'm about to jump out. Have your MF towel or T-shirt handy cause you'll be dripping like crazy lol. As soon as I dry off I start to apply my styling products. I'm still trying to avoid squeezing too much water out it take a bit to get it just right. I think the water is what causes the curls to clump beautifully I'm guessing cause they love moisture. First time I tried it WOW my hair clumped so nicely in da shower. I got hooked 😍. So far this is the only DO product I've used and I love it so far I wouldn't mind trying more. If your hair is really damaged best thing is PT. I love it and with GVP PT I don't need a DT after. Makes my hair look really nice. Fokti? That is not something I use or have pictures on (that I know of). Not sure it it's created with this site. Sorry I still haven't gotten familiar with everything on this site, but my avatar pic is my hair and I have more pics on my deva cut post. 😃

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
Sorry, I meant your Avatar, your hair is beautiful. I tried super soaker last night with the DO masque as my leave in and my condition 3 in 1 mousse after super soak and I got beautiful clumps on the bottom half of my hair that held but the top went kind of flat as the night went on even with a little DermOrganic fast dry shaping spray which I like as well (in place of the Sebatian Shaper I usually use) leaves the hair shiny. I'll try again with my Tresemme Naturals conditioner because I'm thinking the DO Masque may be a little too heavy for my fine hair.
Thanks 😊
If you have fine hair it might be weighing it down since its suppose to be a masque it's consistency is thicker than a LI. Also not everyone has root curl, my hair tends to be more wavy/flat on the top. I have to scrunch really well and make sure I have a styling product with really good hold and plopping helps too. Not sure if that's the case with your hair but if it is you can try it out and see if it helps.

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
I think you are right, the Dermorganics may be too heavy for me as a leave in because I tried super soaking with my Tresemme Naturals yesterday and WOW! It turned out beautiful with a ton of clumped springy spirals, maybe too many if thats possible!
I think I'll use the DermOrganics masque as a DT only and use it that way because of all the yummy ingredients in it, and try a couple other of my conditioners with the super soaker method later this week as well. thanks for your help!
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Your welcome glad it helped. If you can and don't mind posting a pic, would love to see how your curls turned out 😃

Originally Posted by longlivecurls
Sorry I haven't had a chance to post a new pic yet, but the super soaker method has been working for me consistently for clumping my curls and reducing my frizzy fly aways on my crown, thanks so much for encouraging me to try this since it really makes a difference. I'll try and get a new pic posted soon.
I had another question for you....what do I click on to start a new post? I haven't started a new subject since they revamped the site a while ago and can't seem to figure it out? Thanks for your help!
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Happy to hear it's been working for you.

If you want to post a new topic, click on the category you want to post it in at the curly forum pg (example newbies, 2, 3a etc). Once it takes you to the main pg for that category go to the top where it says new topic and click on it. Then all you have to do is post away. Hope my explanation makes sense lol.

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
Happy to hear it's been working for you.

Originally Posted by longlivecurls
Thanks so much for your quick response, I'll give it a go next time I have something exciting to say!