RAVE: SheaMoisture products

I can't take it anymore, I gotta say....

I LOVE this brand!

I've tried and loved the entire Curl line, the raw shea conditioner, the African black soap shampoo, the baby lotion, and the baby ointment (which I use for my lips and cuticles).

The scents are amazing and everything is REALLY moisturizing (and the curling line and shea conditioner promote my curls beautifully).

I'm very impressed by their ingredients, too I can totally understand now why this brand has such a devoted following!

Now if only there were some place in my area that carried the new Curl products
Good for you. 0) I myself wanted to be in love with their hair products. I have 4a hair. Their restorative conditioner is not the best detangle. Their shampoo although sulfate free leaves my hair as dry as a sulfate shampoo. Their deep
Treatment masque is not at all moisturizing to my hair; however their curl enhancing smoothie, although not a good curl enhancer for my hair type, is excellent as a deep conditioner. The coconut and hibiscus milk is a good leavein. I have not yet tried their skincare line.
I'm sorry they don't work for you, especially since they're a bit $$ for a drugstore product! It's a pain that results for hair products vary so widely from person to person.
Josey I bet your hair is more wavy/curly, less coily than mine. I think this may be why it works better on your hair. But I adore their curl enhancing smoothie which to me makes the very best deep conditioner.
Originally Posted by rmc2
My hair is definitely wavy-curly and not coily at all (I wish I could figure out whether or not it's porous! I'm still relatively new to all of this).

Oooo thanks!! I have the curl enhancing smoothie but haven't used it yet because I wasn't sure how to put it in my routine, Can't wait to try it now! =DD
Google porous hair test. I think it entails taking a strand of hair and putting it in a glass of water. Based on whether hair floats or sinks, you ll know if your hair is porous. I can't remember which one is which though. Since you have wavy curly hair, the smoothie may work well for you as a curl styler. Reviews show it works better for your type of hair than for coily hair. But as I said I love
It as an ultra moisturizing DC. May not have best slip so make sure your hair is well detangle before you use. I also learned a trick of putting some regular conditioner on top prior to rinsing. This helps with the detangling.
The float test is pretty inaccurate. Take a strand of hair & run your fingers from tip to root. If u feel bumps, chances are its porous. If your hair gets wet quickly & dries quickly, it's likely porous. If it seems to take some effort to get it soaking wet & it takes a long time to dry, that signals low porosity. LP hair is difficult to moisturize properly. HP hair can generally benefit from protein to repair the holes in the cuticle.
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel

I unfortunately can not use their products. They all leave my hair dry.
JulesOnline

3A/B? A corkicelli mix of ringlets, spirals, helixes & s-shaped curls
Medium-fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Summer: pink; Winter: Blue; Year Round: green