-   -   Knotty Boy Tightening Gel for Dreadlocks (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/154615-knotty-boy-tightening-gel-dreadlocks.html)

Greatcurls 02-01-2013 09:33 AM

Knotty Boy Tightening Gel for Dreadlocks

This is a potent product! Upon contact with my hair, it defines and sets my curls. I give this product 5 curls because a small amount is all you need, and the definition lasts a while.

It can cause your hair to be dry, if your hair is slightly dry to very dry, so you will need to apply a moisturizing leave-in first. And, only use a little bit of Knotty Boy Gel, such as a half to a whole thumb nail size per section, no matter how thick or prone your hair is to frizz, otherwise you will experience dry hair and flakes. For me, using a leave-in or oil afterward took a while to get the crunch out versus using it prior. If you don't want the crunch, definitely use a moisturizing leave-in or oil first.

This is the product recommended for very humid areas. I plan on purchasing a small jar of this product for the spring or whenever it becomes very humid--92% and higher.

KinkyRN 02-02-2013 11:05 AM

Just wondering, what type is your hair? Wonderingif it will work for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App

Greatcurls 02-13-2013 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by KinkyRN (Post 2113112)
Just wondering, what type is your hair? Wonderingif it will work for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App

My hair type is 4a/3c. Kathymack sells samples of the product.

FrizzBgone 02-17-2013 10:45 PM

This is one of my favorite gels. I use it all summer. It provides a lot of hold. I have 3a with some 3b pieces.

Ondulee 03-04-2013 08:59 AM

so could this be used by people like me with looser curl? would it be a curl enhancer or will it just stick your curls together?

Greatcurls 03-05-2013 01:18 PM

Ondulee,

This product can be used by people with a looser curl. It washes out easily as well. For me, it kept my curls clumped together instead of being a curl enhancer.

There is a thread about it on NC.