-   -   Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse drying? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/154655-herbal-essences-totally-twisted-mousse-drying.html)

WavyAmee 02-02-2013 10:10 AM

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse drying?

I have been trying out CG for the last month. Since my usual mousse (Garnier Fructis Curl Construct) contains a silicone, I've been trying HETT. On the day I wash my hair looks pretty good, but by the second day it is just really dry, flat, and frizzy. If I try scrunching it with a little water or conditioner, it just turns into a frizzy, stringy mess. The only thing I can do is totally rinse it and start over. If I use gel I can usually get decent second day hair, but I like mousse because my hair is so fine and thin. Has anyone else found this mousse makes their hair dry? After reading the recent threads about silicones, I'm thinking of going back to GF, since I low-poo once or twice a week.

anonymous_135172 02-02-2013 10:38 AM

I found if I use curl keeper under that mousse my hair is a lot less dry. I just tried 3 in1 volume by Clairol and I get great curls and hold with it ( it has one water soluble cone ) that carry over to second day , but I do use gel under the mousse

WavyAmee 02-02-2013 10:54 AM

Hmm, I keep reading here about people layering products. I haven't tried that because I'm afraid of weighing my hair down. Maybe I should try it on a day when I'm just staying home.

lcl0706 02-02-2013 10:59 AM

HETT has polyquat-4 which can cause some people real fits. It could be that. It builds up on some.

WavyAmee 02-04-2013 08:25 AM

You mean I need to research another ingredient?! lol! I will look that up. I have no idea whether it's in other products I'm using or not. Thanks!