SM Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk

I gave this to a friend last night because I personally, really like Shea Moisture products and am experimenting with the Coconut & Hibiscus Smoothie for my thick, coarse hair. My friend has fine, wavy hair that she colors and is moving to San Francisco which has a nasty climate for hair. It's been wreaking havoc on it. I told her she needed to up her emollients and use a bit of protein everyday and this product fits the bill. Last night she tested it out on her hair right away and before my eyes, guys, it got thicker. You could really see it too because her hair is cut in angled bob. It's like the shape filled out immediately. Also before she applied the product her hair felt stiff, producty, and she was unable to run her fingers through it. A moment afterwards it had body, felt soft, and she could rake through with ease. So all you fine haired curlies and wavies, here's a head's up. This stuff works. I saw it with my own two eyes. I also smells really, really nice. I wish they put the same smell in the coconut line and restorative/moisture retention products that I'm using. Well, I like those smells too but not as much as this one.

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper

* = HG

Thanks for the review. I have been wondering about this stuff, because I really like the shampoo and conditioner.
You're welcome. I hope it works as well for you as it did my friend. I have the Yucca shampoo too! I went to the store for the moisture retention one but they were out so I took a chance even though it's formulated for fine hair. If it's been adding volume I don't know since my hair is already bushy but then again I only lowpoo once a week and I haven't used it more than twice. I adore the smell. I also went back and got the moisture retention shampoo when they had it in stock. I love both of those low poos. They work the same for me. How's the conditioner? Do you need a lot? (It's awful they only come in twelve ounce bottles.) Does it have slip? I have the restorative conditioner and I need a lot for my thick hair plus it doesn't have much slip. It does leave my hair very silky though.

* = HG

I don't know how useful my opinion is, since I have fine, thin hair that just turned wavy in the last few years, and I just recently realized that I need to treat it differently than when it was straight. My whole life I have used little or no conditioner because all the experts say too much conditioner will weigh down fine, thin hair. When I read Curly Girl, I started experimenting with using a little more, and a little more, and the more I use the curlier and thicker it looks. So I am new to conditioner and I don't have much to compare SM with. I use maybe 4-5 squirts, which is a lot for me, but I need more when I use Suave coconut. It also feels more slippery/oily than the Suave, but it is just as easy to rinse out. And I just love the smell.

I keep looking at the coconut hibiscus line, but I'm afraid to buy because it specifically says for thick, curly hair.
I have this and I like it I've done twistouts with it and a little eco styler gel and it came out soft and shiny. My favorite products from this line of shea moisture are the conditioner and shampoo though I love love loveeeeeeeeeeee them!!! I've had the shampoo for a while because I don't use shampoo that much, but when I use it, it does what I need it to do.

Originally Posted by WavyAmee
Funny I used to wish my hair would turn straight but now I'd be sad if my curls up and left me.

Why don't you go buy the C&H product from Target or Walgreens? I believe they let you return it if it doesn't work out. The smoothie itself is very, very rich (and my hair likes it) but the curl & shine milk is supposed to be a lighter version. Maybe it's comparable to the yucca milk.

Originally Posted by fefe912
Okay, I'm going to have to go buy this conditioner then. Curiosity is getting the better of me with two ringing endorsements. I have two of the SM shampoos. . . I imagine I won't be out of stock for a year.

* = HG

Does anyone know where I can find this in Phoenix Az? They have Shea Moisture at Walgreens and Target but not this line, I have only been able to find the smoothie and souffle. I am on a mission to find it! Thanks
3b/c ~ CG
current favorites ~ TJ's Refresh, AOHR, SheaMoisture Shea Butter leave-in, AVG, FSG
Originally Posted by azcurly
I don't know if you have a cvs or walmart near you, but I'd check there also because they tend to have them there also

Thanks, I did check CVS and no go. I looked on Walgreens site and you can actually look up a product to see where it is available. Two of them not too far say it is in stock so hopefully that is true!
3b/c ~ CG
Hey azcurly - some Walgreens in Phoenix have a wider variety of SM. I ended up getting the harder to find SM products on the Walgreens website. Sally's are carrying SM products now too.
Thanks asugirl! Any particular area of Phoenix that you remember? I'm going to be on the west side sometime this week.