-   -   What are some of your favorite glycerin-free stylers? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/154857-what-some-your-favorite-glycerin-free-stylers.html)

greeneyes2 02-07-2013 07:15 AM

What are some of your favorite glycerin-free stylers?

Need some recommendations of glycerin-free stylers to add to my rotation.
I've had good results so far with Tressemme Flawless Curls gel. What works good for you with these low dews???
TIA!

yossarian 02-07-2013 08:18 AM

Haven't tried it myself due to the price, but lots of curlies rave about Kinky Curly Curling Custard. No glycerin, cones, protein or polyquats.

The only complaint is that it takes forever for hair to dry with KCCC, but otherwise it has HG status around here. Definitely on my "have to try" list.

Geek_Chic 02-07-2013 12:37 PM

Aussie Instant Freeze, Herbal Essences Set Me Up, or if you like a lighter hold gel, Herbal Essences Totally Twisted.

CurlyJulie81 02-08-2013 10:05 PM

The Aussie Instant Freeze has become my new love. Honestly, the name of the product scared me away. We all have used hard hold gels that just feel like our hair is frozen- but I can put this stuff in my DRY hair and it still doesn't make it crunchy. Love, love, love.

asianrunner 02-11-2013 05:51 PM

BRHG, I think a Pantene gel (for normal-thick hair), Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen

wannabe 02-14-2013 08:20 PM

I have only used KCCC and think I like the no or low glycerin better than the deva gel I was using. But it takes such a long time for my hair to dry when I use it that most of the time I don't. Looking at trying the Curl Queen, wonder if it doesn't take quite as long to dry as KCCC?

ltdeforrest 02-17-2013 07:03 PM

+1 for Uncle Funky' s Daughter Curly Magic, but it's quite expensive with shipping. I also like Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic gel (light hold) and Curls Goddess Curls (from Target). love the UFDCM, but the Curls gel and AOMM are much more affordable.

Curlsnswirls 02-20-2013 09:00 PM

KCCC, UFDCM, FSG, BB's Mudd, SSCEJ, BRHG, and Curl Queen. I keep trying to narrow down my stash to what I really like but it's hard :-o. I try new combos and think "wow, this is it!"...and then I try something else or read a about a new combo and well...it turns out great too! I really do need to narrow my stash to a handful of Stylers...soon. :D

I also really like MarieDean's curl styling cream (under a gel/jelly). Still need to experiment with other styling creams though (CCCCL, Deva..).

Aqua_Lily 02-20-2013 09:15 PM

Kiss My Face, OHC, Upper Management, Styling Gel, Grapefruit, 8 fl oz (236 ml) - iHerb.com this one, kiss my face gel, is glycerin free. It does have panthenol though, but not very high in the list. It's a light hold.

greeneyes2 02-26-2013 08:21 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies/suggestions! It's been very helpful. :)