What are some of your favorite glycerin-free stylers?

• 1 Post By greeneyes2

Need some recommendations of glycerin-free stylers to add to my rotation.
I've had good results so far with Tressemme Flawless Curls gel. What works good for you with these low dews???
TIA!
OSBooth likes this.
Went full CG May '10.
Silicones sucked me in & I went Mod-CG in Dec '12.
Still paying for that one & trying to get my curls back!
Haven't tried it myself due to the price, but lots of curlies rave about Kinky Curly Curling Custard. No glycerin, cones, protein or polyquats.

The only complaint is that it takes forever for hair to dry with KCCC, but otherwise it has HG status around here. Definitely on my "have to try" list.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
Aussie Instant Freeze, Herbal Essences Set Me Up, or if you like a lighter hold gel, Herbal Essences Totally Twisted.
CG since 11/2011
2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Autumn Products /Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, VO5 KLS, Cure Care
Stylers: FSG, L'Oreal Studio Clean gel, Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's as needed
The Aussie Instant Freeze has become my new love. Honestly, the name of the product scared me away. We all have used hard hold gels that just feel like our hair is frozen- but I can put this stuff in my DRY hair and it still doesn't make it crunchy. Love, love, love.
3a/b fine, high porosity, medium density. Mod- CG

Sulfate-free Shampoo: SheaMoisture Curl and Shine shampoo with Epsom salts.
Co-wash: TRESemme Naturals,
Leave in: TN Radiant volume, KCKT, YTC pampering conditioner
Summer styler: LA Looks Spiked Gel(summer only)
Seal: Argan Oil/Macademia Oil
Winter styler: KCCC, AIF, Beyond the Zone Noodlehead curling creme(not CG)
DT: GVPCB, coconut oil
PT: GVP Hair Reconstructor
Embracing my curls.
BRHG, I think a Pantene gel (for normal-thick hair), Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

I have only used KCCC and think I like the no or low glycerin better than the deva gel I was using. But it takes such a long time for my hair to dry when I use it that most of the time I don't. Looking at trying the Curl Queen, wonder if it doesn't take quite as long to dry as KCCC?
2c, some straight pieces on canopy, curlier underneath. Fine, thin, unsure on porosity - sent in my sample and waiting to hear back. Products - have a bunch I am trying out, CJ, Deva, SM Yucca, TJ.
+1 for Uncle Funky' s Daughter Curly Magic, but it's quite expensive with shipping. I also like Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic gel (light hold) and Curls Goddess Curls (from Target). love the UFDCM, but the Curls gel and AOMM are much more affordable.
3a, baby fine i/ii, low to normal porosity, protein sensitive
Mod CG since 5/12, from rainy Western WA
dislikes: glycerin, wheat protein
Likes: moisture, Mag Sulfate
Poo: Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo
Cond: CJCR, VO5 Clarifying Conditioner
LI: JC WDT, CJ CR
Style: Loma Curvature Curvy Cream, True Polaris Protein Free Truly curly styling gel (Etsy), Sweet Curls flax seed defining gel (Etsy)
KCCC, UFDCM, FSG, BB's Mudd, SSCEJ, BRHG, and Curl Queen. I keep trying to narrow down my stash to what I really like but it's hard . I try new combos and think "wow, this is it!"...and then I try something else or read a about a new combo and well...it turns out great too! I really do need to narrow my stash to a handful of Stylers...soon.

I also really like MarieDean's curl styling cream (under a gel/jelly). Still need to experiment with other styling creams though (CCCCL, Deva..).
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by Curlsnswirls; 02-20-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Kiss My Face, OHC, Upper Management, Styling Gel, Grapefruit, 8 fl oz (236 ml) - iHerb.com this one, kiss my face gel, is glycerin free. It does have panthenol though, but not very high in the list. It's a light hold.

Current length: tailbone
Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

PT: EO Keratin co
DT: RO+oils
Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
VHT541 Many natural hair products!
Thanks everyone for your replies/suggestions! It's been very helpful.
Went full CG May '10.
Silicones sucked me in & I went Mod-CG in Dec '12.
Still paying for that one & trying to get my curls back!