-   -   L'oreal Ever Curl Hydracharge Shampoo (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/155378-loreal-ever-curl-hydracharge-shampoo.html)

xcptnl 02-22-2013 03:48 PM

L'oreal Ever Curl Hydracharge Shampoo

I love this shampoo. I picked it up 2 weeks ago. It is the best over the counter shampoo I have ever used. It does not strip your hair at ALL! I use it about every 3rd day. In between I cowash. For conditioner I use one of my many curl junkie conditioners. Just thought I would share.

yossarian 02-22-2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by xcptnl (Post 2124751)

But it has a cone, right? I love the EverCurl cleansing conditioner, but was avoiding the poo for that reason.

ETA: I double checked and it not only contains cones (Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer and Adimethicone*) but also has polyquats 7 and 10, which cause problems for many curlies.

Geez, I wish these manufacturers would get their ish together.

^ water soluble if accompanied by Tricedeth 12 (which this product has) and Centrimonium Chloride (which it does not).

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App

xcptnl 02-22-2013 09:17 PM

Sorry I should have mentioned I am not adverse to cones. If I recall from when I did worry about them these are water soluble ones. But do not quote me!!

I like that my hair does not feel stripped-actually feels moisturized when done shampooing. Often the 'good' shampoos make my hair dry and straw-like. I like the smell too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Geek_Chic 02-22-2013 10:14 PM

According to Live Curly Live Free, Amodimethicone with Tricedeth-12 and Cetrimonium Chloride is only water dispersible in the bottle. Once it's on the hair it is not water soluble, though it does repel further deposits.

A note about amodimethicone: if you do an Internet search on amodimethicone, you will find quite a few sites that list amodimethicone as a silicone that is "slightly" soluble in water as long as two additional ingredients are included in the formulation:

Amodimethicone (and) Trideceth-12 (and) Cetrimonium Chloride (as a mixture in the bottle)

The assumption has always been that the inclusion of Trideceth-12 (a nonionic surfactant) and cetrimonium chloride (a cationic surfactant) render the amodimethicone, non-water soluble on its own, slightly soluble in water and it could be considered okay to use. Turns out that has been a completely incorrect assumption. What the Trideceth-12 and cetrimonium chloride do is render the amodimethicone dispersible in water. Once the amodimethicone is deposited onto the hair shaft and dries to a film, however, it is not water-soluble, will prevent moisture from getting into the hair shaft and will require a surfactant to remove.

Laura Lee 02-24-2013 10:45 AM

I picked up the shampoo and conditioner today! I'm excited to try them (I'm modified so the cones don't matter to me). I was pleasantly surprised that I like the smell. The L'Oreal Everpure stuff stinks to my nose but this stuff is subtler and not quite as fake smelling

yossarian 02-24-2013 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Geek_Chic (Post 2124950)

Thanks for the info. There's been a long-running debate whether the a-cone qualifies as CG or not. TBH, the polyquats actually bother me more than the cones.

Shame, because I'm so pleased with the CC, I would have loved to try the shampoo.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App

xcptnl 02-24-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Laura Lee (Post 2125647)

I was surprised that the smell was nice too.

shopbop 02-28-2013 11:44 PM

Great to know. I was looking at the line in CVS today. Very curious about the Evercurl styling creme/gel and the cleansing conditioner. Anyone out there tried them yet?

yossarian 03-01-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by shopbop (Post 2128700)

I've used both. Loved the CC, hated the cream-gel. In fact, I'm exchanging it for the leave-in today. Although it smells wonderful, it left my hair frizzy and limp :sad10: I'm also not a fan of the rinse-out conditioner, but my son (3c) really likes it, so at least it's not going to waste!

There are a couple of threads pertaining to the EverCurl line:

HTH!

Laura Lee 03-06-2013 02:57 PM

I posted a full review on my blog a few days ago. Link in siggie :)