L'oreal Ever Curl Hydracharge Shampoo

• 1 Post By xcptnl
  • 1 Post By Laura Lee

I love this shampoo. I picked it up 2 weeks ago. It is the best over the counter shampoo I have ever used. It does not strip your hair at ALL! I use it about every 3rd day. In between I cowash. For conditioner I use one of my many curl junkie conditioners. Just thought I would share.
SunniLee likes this.

Originally Posted by xcptnl
But it has a cone, right? I love the EverCurl cleansing conditioner, but was avoiding the poo for that reason.

ETA: I double checked and it not only contains cones (Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer and Adimethicone*) but also has polyquats 7 and 10, which cause problems for many curlies.

Geez, I wish these manufacturers would get their ish together.

^ water soluble if accompanied by Tricedeth 12 (which this product has) and Centrimonium Chloride (which it does not).

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by yossarian; 02-22-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Sorry I should have mentioned I am not adverse to cones. If I recall from when I did worry about them these are water soluble ones. But do not quote me!!

I like that my hair does not feel stripped-actually feels moisturized when done shampooing. Often the 'good' shampoos make my hair dry and straw-like. I like the smell too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by xcptnl; 02-23-2013 at 05:16 PM.
According to Live Curly Live Free, Amodimethicone with Tricedeth-12 and Cetrimonium Chloride is only water dispersible in the bottle. Once it's on the hair it is not water soluble, though it does repel further deposits.

A note about amodimethicone: if you do an Internet search on amodimethicone, you will find quite a few sites that list amodimethicone as a silicone that is "slightly" soluble in water as long as two additional ingredients are included in the formulation:

Amodimethicone (and) Trideceth-12 (and) Cetrimonium Chloride (as a mixture in the bottle)

The assumption has always been that the inclusion of Trideceth-12 (a nonionic surfactant) and cetrimonium chloride (a cationic surfactant) render the amodimethicone, non-water soluble on its own, slightly soluble in water and it could be considered okay to use. Turns out that has been a completely incorrect assumption. What the Trideceth-12 and cetrimonium chloride do is render the amodimethicone dispersible in water. Once the amodimethicone is deposited onto the hair shaft and dries to a film, however, it is not water-soluble, will prevent moisture from getting into the hair shaft and will require a surfactant to remove.
CG since 11/2011
2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Autumn Products /Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, VO5 KLS, Cure Care
Stylers: FSG, L'Oreal Studio Clean gel, Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's as needed
I picked up the shampoo and conditioner today! I'm excited to try them (I'm modified so the cones don't matter to me). I was pleasantly surprised that I like the smell. The L'Oreal Everpure stuff stinks to my nose but this stuff is subtler and not quite as fake smelling
xcptnl likes this.

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Originally Posted by Geek_Chic
Thanks for the info. There's been a long-running debate whether the a-cone qualifies as CG or not. TBH, the polyquats actually bother me more than the cones.

Shame, because I'm so pleased with the CC, I would have loved to try the shampoo.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
Originally Posted by Laura Lee
I was surprised that the smell was nice too.

Great to know. I was looking at the line in CVS today. Very curious about the Evercurl styling creme/gel and the cleansing conditioner. Anyone out there tried them yet?
Originally Posted by shopbop
I've used both. Loved the CC, hated the cream-gel. In fact, I'm exchanging it for the leave-in today. Although it smells wonderful, it left my hair frizzy and limp I'm also not a fan of the rinse-out conditioner, but my son (3c) really likes it, so at least it's not going to waste!

There are a couple of threads pertaining to the EverCurl line:

L'Oreal EverCurl line - anyone try this?

New Ever Curl Cleansing Conditioner

HTH!
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
I posted a full review on my blog a few days ago. Link in siggie

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!