-   -   Need help with Biotera Curl Creme/Gel Combo (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/155383-need-help-biotera-curl-creme-gel-combo.html)

curlypea 02-22-2013 07:29 PM

Need help with Biotera Curl Creme/Gel Combo

Bought both the Biotera Curl Creme and Gel a few days ago. Definitely agree with what I've read on here about getting super soft hair from this combo, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of hold and curl definition. Trying to figure out if I should try the Curl Creme with my HG LA Looks gel instead or if I should scrap the Curl Creme and use the Biotera gel with something else. Any thoughts?

Mec1976 03-24-2013 04:08 PM

Any luck or other suggestions? I tried bioterra when I first started modified CG. Tempted to buy it again but trying to figure out if there is a better combo?

Corrina777 03-24-2013 05:04 PM

I also tried the combo back when I first tried CG. I ended up giving away the cream and just kept the gel, which is still a HG for me, almost a year and a half later.

Beebop 03-25-2013 01:59 AM

The curl creme made my curls too soft and fuzzy without definition, but the Bioterra gel is always in my rotation of products and works great with AOMM and Alba soft hold style cream as well or alone.

Curlsnswirls 03-26-2013 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Corrina777 (Post 2143266)

How do you use the biotera gel?

Corrina777 03-26-2013 07:23 PM

I've found Biotera Gel plays well with lots of other stuff. My favorite combo is to use over Re:Coil +/- Curl Keeper. A less expensive alternative is Organix Curl Cream (can't think of exact name- unlike most of their products, they have a nice curl cream that is CG friendly).

Curlsnswirls 03-26-2013 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Corrina777 (Post 2144688)

Thank you for sharing that. I don't have Re:coil but I do have Mop C curl cream. The Organix in the blue bottle? I've been meaning to try that out. I read somewhere else of another curly using the curl keeper and biotera together. I will have to try that out.