Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #1

Default Tresemme Flawless Curls Curl Locking Styling Spray

I thought I found a cheap, fantastic curl-enhancing spray. Boy did it make my 2a/3a fine hair curly! Seemed like a win - but then I saw the Denat Alcohol. I usually look at the ingredient list in the store, but my eyes are really going and I didn't have readers with me. Anyway, that potentially drying ingredient is, darn it, first on the list. I know that is usually the kiss of death. But this stuff just made my hair curl up! I decided to try to delute it with purified water in small spray bottle and I added some of my favorite KBB leave in. I am not noticing any real dryness yet and it's been a day or so, so I am not ruling this stuff out yet. I have tried a lot of products and really thought this one hit the mark. It's only about $3 so a try out would not break any bank!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #2

longlivecurls's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012

I just recently purchased the mousse still haven't tried it out. Sounds great to hear that the line helps curl hair more since that's what I'm looking for. I hope the mousse works just as well. I might consider trying the spray next time lol.
CG NEWBIE
curl type: 2c/3a on a good day
med/high porosity & high density
hair strand width: med/coarse
BSL hair & growing

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
longlivecurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #3

Join Date: Jul 2008

I have and like the mousse also. I also got the Curl Hydration Lotion Creme which I like with a disclaimer: it has cyclopentasiloxane and a peg- dimethicone (water soluble) so those who are cone adverse beware. The creme is also about $3. Both the spray and creme are somewhat hard to find but I found them at a Walmart I don't usually shop at that's quite a distance from me. The Walmart website might help with locations.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #4

suellen's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013

I use the mousse all the time and have yet to encounter any problems; my hair doesn't dry out from it and I feel that it rinses out nicely. I also agree that I feel like the flawless curls line makes my hair curl more than other products have.
suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #5

longlivecurls's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012

I can't wait to try it out I finally got all my products so hopefully tonight I can try out a new routine. Glad to hear the mousse has worked and it was suggested in another post which is why I bought it.
CG NEWBIE
curl type: 2c/3a on a good day
med/high porosity & high density
hair strand width: med/coarse
BSL hair & growing

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
longlivecurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #6

Do you have a list of ingredients? I can't seem to find it on line. Thx!
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #7

For the spray?
Old 03-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #8

For the spray?
yes, the spray, thanks
Old 03-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #9

Join Date: Jul 2008

Beebop, here you go - note my warning in my opening post about the Denat Alcohol! I am still using my concoction and hoping for the best.

Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Isobutylene/Ethylmaleimide/Hydroxyethylmaleimide Copolymer, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Quaternium-26, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Hydratein), Fragrance (Parfum), Ext. Violet 2
Old 03-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #10

Lynaea's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013

A lot of sprays are alcohol based. Probably because most things in hair products don't mix well with water so otherwise the product would separate. I've found a few natural companies with aloe juice based spray products but alcohol is cheaper for big companies I imagine.
2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!
Lynaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Lynaea View Post
Yes, you are correct about companies using alchohol to save money. My dad was a perfume chemist and he had a custom perfume shop my whole life until he died about ten years ago. I learned alot about perfume from him. He used an oil base because alcohol evaporates and allows a scent to change on the skin. Companies blame the change on your skin "chemistry" when it is really their cheap alcohol base. My dad always used oil but it is much more expensive. You pay for quality!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #12

Originally Posted by asugirl View Post

Thank you for the ingredients....are you still having good results with this? Have you tried it on dry hair or only on wet before drying? I saw it at Walmart and can't figure out what in the strange list of ingredients would help the hair curl more? I've never seen a list like this before.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #13

Originally Posted by asugirl View Post

I honestly can't figure it out either. Haven't used it for a few days since the weather is drier and I wore my hair straight. You're in Chandler, right? During those rainy days last week I used it and my hair was curlier than ever. I will try again this week on a dry, less humid day!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #14

Originally Posted by asugirl View Post

yes I am in Chandler, you have a great memory! where are you located? definitely let me know how it works in the drier weather now that we won't have rain till next fall ha ha!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #15

Join Date: Jul 2008

I'm up by Desert Ridge - up where the 51 and 101 meet? Yeah, it's gonna by 92 on Thursday and it was 56 last Saturday. From heater to air conditioner in five days . Not sure I'm ready. The only way I use it is diluted with some leave in mixed in - I will use it on Thursday in honor of "hot".
Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #16

Originally Posted by asugirl View Post
So do you spray it in your hand with your leave in?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #17

Join Date: Jul 2008

Nope - I put it in a small spray bottle, add some water and then some leave in. Right now I am using some KBB Hair Milk old formula. I shake up the bottle and then spray onto my hands or if it's thin enough, sparingly onto my hair. My hair is alot like yours I think; thin, fine, and wavy.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #18

Originally Posted by asugirl View Post
I may have to give it a try after you see how it does in our dry climate for the next several months while we start burning alive here!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #19

Join Date: Jul 2008

Thanks for reminding me today felt like the start! I will update you with my results.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #20

Join Date: Jul 2008

I am still liking this stuff! I don't think I would ever use it every day, but I am not noticing any dryness from it. It may be because I dilute it and add the leave in. I could try to use it straight out of the bottle but I haven't been that brave! But used the way I do, it continues to enhance my curls really well.