• 1 Post By Marci Pie

Old 03-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #1

UK_GoCats's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Default Bed, Bath, and Beyond

How did I not know they had a huge selection of sulfate-free shampoos? Seriously...an entire section of just good shampoo. And there's some Wen knock-offs, too (2, maybe 3 lines with varying scents). The most expensive thing I saw in the section was $9.99. I can't remember all the brands right off hand, but I know they had Renpure and Organix (those are sulfate free, right? I can't remember if they were in the normal section or the special section). For someone who is trying to save $$ on my hair stuff, this is a fantastic find!
UK_GoCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #2

Join Date: Dec 2011

Awesome!! Might need to go check out my local store this weekend! Did they have stylers at all or mostly just shampoo and conditioner?
Southern WI curly ~ mostly 2b/c with 2a/b underlayer and a few 3a curls on top
Low porosity, fine hair but LOTS of it!
Loves protein. Dislikes butters and heavy oils.
Working toward natural products and streamlining!!
Current Loves: JCCC, Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner, AG Recoil, CK Coil Jam
curvesncurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #3

Originally Posted by UK_GoCats View Post
thanks...in San Diego we have one store that has extensive makeup, hair products, etc.
the store closer to where I live has none
What is a Wen knock-off? how to you recognize it?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #4

Geek_Chic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

SD Kitty, I don't know that there's some universal "Wen knockoff" sign, but I do know Renpure makes one, called "Ren". They have 2 varieties, Sweet Pomegranate, and Rosemary Mint, and they come in pump bottles. Sally's sells a few knockoffs as well, Hair One, in various scents /formulas. Be aware though, if you're strict CG, all of these have silicones. Amodimethicone, if I recall correctly.
CG since 11/2011

Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Geek_Chic View Post

I've seen parts of the Wen infomercials and I thought it was gimmiky and overpriced. But if these products you're referring to are any good and reasonably priced, I may want to check them out. Have you tried any of them?
I'm not strick CG. I use shampoo.
thanks
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #6

Geek_Chic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

Renpure's Ren line is $9.99 a bottle around here, but there are BOGO sales every so often, which makes it just under $5 for 16oz. Rite-Aid has one going now. I haven't used it myself. I know it's not a great indicator, but a straight haired friend with baby fine hair uses and likes both varieties. I'm not scent sensitive, but I thought the pomegranate was overly fruity scented and didn't particularly care fo the rosemary mint either. So between that and the a-cone, I passed on it. I believe there's a thread about it somewhere here, and if I recall correctly, it wasn't enough moisture on its own for most, and some experienced a lack of slip unless they really slathered it on their hair. People generally needed to follow it with a RO and/or a LI.

Hair One has a few more varieties, but is also more expensive ounce for ounce at $11 - $12 for 12oz. It is also available in smaller sizes, down to only .6oz sample size. All the ones with posted ingredients online have wheat protein, aloe, and glycerin if any of those are an issue for you. I believe some wavies have liked it as an every wash day cleansing conditioner, and again, there should be some threads on it here if you look for them.
CG since 11/2011

Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Geek_Chic View Post

thanks for all that info....there's always something new to learn here
Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #8

Join Date: Dec 2011

In addition to Ren and Hair One, another Wen type product is the Lisa Rachel line. There's several formulas, including an argan oil version for curly hair. Bed Bath & Beyond has them for $8 each (12 oz IIRC).

I haven't tried them, but the reviews are good, and price is reasonable.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #9

asugirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

Another is the Salon Grafix Healthy Hair Nutrition Conditioning Cleanser. The only one I like is the one for dry or damaged hair - Moroccan Macademia - it's sulfate and paraben free. It was actually pretty moisturizing and got my hair clean without stripping. I have seen it in BB&B but I bought it at Walmart for $5.49.
asugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #10

Marci Pie's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

What I like about BBB is that you can use their 20% coupon!
monipearl likes this.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo
Co-wash: Suave, Vo5, HE, Aussie Moist
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's)
Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil.
Methods: Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
Marci Pie is offline   Reply With Quote