What's your HG rinse-out?

I have more than one I love . I've used them for 2-3 years or more. GVP conditioning balm, kenra moisturizing, tressemme Naturals (moisturizing one), and Darcy's botanicals pumpkin conditioner....And just revisiting giovannis smooth as silk. I have also tried a 2 oz sample of MopTops daily conditioner and believe I will purchase a liter as soon as I'm able, it was wonderful on my hair. Oh, and sometimes I use my CJ curl rehab as a rinse out.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner...it is such a great detangler and I use it as a leave in sometimes. The same with Tresemme naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner.
I've recently become a very big fan of Regis Olive Oil Conditioner. It doesn't have the best slip out of my conditioners, but I find it has a nice protein/moisture balance. My hair properties are not identical to yours (I'm fine/thick/normal/normal), but I decided to try it based on rave reviews from someone with your identical properties.
Originally Posted by Corrina777
Corrina, thank you for this rec! I finally found some ROO, and WOW. May be the best RO I've ever used. I think because it's thick it really stuck to my hair (which doesn't accept ROs very well). Smells like heaven, curls are soft, shiny, and very natural looking. Thank you! If it keeps working like this, it's my new HG!
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)
My hair is low porosity but it is extremely thick and course. The rinse out I choose to use makes a huge difference in how long it takes me to comb through my hair after I shower. I know a lot of people don't comb out of the shower but I have to or my hair is crazy. I just tried the Kinky Curly Knot Today that so many people recommend but I was not at all impressed with how it worked as a detangler. One thing that I have really liked that you haven't mentioned trying is the Yes To Carrots. I think the Carrot one is my favorite and it has a lot of slip. Since you hair is more fine you might like one of the other Carrot shampoos better. I have also tried the tomato one which seems lighter. Lots of people seem to rave about the Cucumber one but I haven't tried it. You may want to check one of them out.
2C, low porosity, high density, coarse, shoulder length No sulfates, no parabens, no silicones
Shampoo- Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus, Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Deva No Poo, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera, Yes To Carrots
Conditioner- Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk, Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Deva One Condition, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera, Yes To Carrots
Styler- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Shine & Hold Mist, Yes to Carrots Leave In and Yes To Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum
I have cucumber and tomatoes and I like them both. Also TSN.
Join Date: May 2012
I'm going to come out of "left field" with this answer--and it's only my opinion. If your hair is truly low porosity, your rinse out is your least important product. Unless you take a LONG shower, a minute, or two, on low porosity hair isn't going to do a lot.

I get my hair cut every six weeks. It only tangles if I use an ingredient it HATES (castor and mineral oil do it.) The fact that you want something with "slip to detangle" makes me question whether or not your hair is low porosity.

Frequently, I use product that I want to get rid of as my rinse out. If it's a richer styling product, it works well for that purpose. The only product(s) that gave me a problem were the SM with the orange label. They just sit on my hair (even after I rinse them out) and weigh it down. I've had to use soap bars to get the residual ingredients out.
Originally Posted by kathymack
I'm going to have to disagree. I apply my conditioner first thing in the shower and rinse it last, so that's at least 7 minutes (the shortest show I am capable of taking). So many rinse out conditioners leave my hair gunky, so finding a conditioner that isn't so light it does nothing or too heavy it weighs on my hair was very difficult. I have been really happy with the DB Pumpkin Conditioner for 6 months now.
I would agree that the conditioner may not be as important as other things, but my hair is low porosity, and COARSE, whereas your hair is finer, Jessie. I think the conditioner may be more important for me in the winter, with the cold and dry. In the summer - I am not so sure.
Originally Posted by Corrina777
Originally Posted by MaggieT
I just saw this today. I'm so glad you like it!! I was always accustomed to RO just sitting on my hair and providing enough slip to detangle, but I feel like my hair actually absorbs ROO, which is something I've only found with a small handful of other ROs. I generally leave most of it in now, rather than using a separate LI, which is something I couldn't do with the conditioners that just sat on top of my hair.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel