-   -   Need recs for a good gel or cream that will hold curls (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/156995-need-recs-good-gel-cream-will-hold-curls.html)

jada1111 04-06-2013 11:08 AM

Need recs for a good gel or cream that will hold curls

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I always lurk every now and then.

I'm looking for a gel that I can purchase locally that will hold curls and keep them frizz free. I don't care if it is alcohol based.

I repeat - I do not care if it contains alcohol.

All recs will be greatly appreciated. :happy7:

turquoisecurls 04-06-2013 05:33 PM

I don't know of the top of my head about alcohol content but good gels for hold I found are Garnier pure&clean, Aussie freeze, la looks and the best for me Biolsilk rock hard gel.

jada1111 04-06-2013 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by turquoisecurls (Post 2151372)

Thank you turquoisecurls.

I tried LA Looks once and I didn't like it. It left flakes. I want to try the others you mentioned. Aussie Freeze seems to be a curly favorite, so I'll try that one first.

PerriP 04-06-2013 06:35 PM

I have been using the L´oreal ever curl cream gel (it looks like a spiral in the container, blue top), it's relatively cheap and you can get it at target, cvs, etc.

This gives me good definition and good clumping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

curlycue80 04-08-2013 10:21 AM

Biosilk Rock Hard Gel (sometimes need to mix with something to give better definition) or Biolage Gelee (smells great but sometimes fades over the course of the day).

fihe 04-12-2013 05:31 PM

Lately I've been using Suave Professionals gel, but I mix it with Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel so it'll be less crunchy. It gives my hair nice definition. I also like Marc Anthony Strictly Curls curl defining lotion.

Puertoricangirl 05-07-2013 02:12 PM

I love the LA looks sport gel 😊 keeps my curls shiny and bouncy for days. It can get crunchy but I just scrunch out the crunch once my hair is dry