Need recs for a good gel or cream that will hold curls

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I always lurk every now and then.

I'm looking for a gel that I can purchase locally that will hold curls and keep them frizz free. I don't care if it is alcohol based.

I repeat - I do not care if it contains alcohol.

All recs will be greatly appreciated.
Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

PW: flower
I don't know of the top of my head about alcohol content but good gels for hold I found are Garnier pure&clean, Aussie freeze, la looks and the best for me Biolsilk rock hard gel.
2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,
Originally Posted by turquoisecurls
Thank you turquoisecurls.

I tried LA Looks once and I didn't like it. It left flakes. I want to try the others you mentioned. Aussie Freeze seems to be a curly favorite, so I'll try that one first.
Jada1111

PW: flower
I have been using the L´oreal ever curl cream gel (it looks like a spiral in the container, blue top), it's relatively cheap and you can get it at target, cvs, etc.

This gives me good definition and good clumping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray
Biosilk Rock Hard Gel (sometimes need to mix with something to give better definition) or Biolage Gelee (smells great but sometimes fades over the course of the day).
Lately I've been using Suave Professionals gel, but I mix it with Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel so it'll be less crunchy. It gives my hair nice definition. I also like Marc Anthony Strictly Curls curl defining lotion.
mostly 2a/2b hair, fine, medium density, low porosity?
I love the LA looks sport gel 😊 keeps my curls shiny and bouncy for days. It can get crunchy but I just scrunch out the crunch once my hair is dry
3A Curl Pattern, Low Porosity, High Density, Medium Width, Long Length

Loving my curls/waves!

Product loves: Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars, ACV rinses, Suave Naturals Conditioner wash on in between days, silk scrunchies, Ouidad Curl refreshing spray, Avocado/olive oil/honey deep treatment, Coconut oil on ends/length

Currently waist length while wet and going for waist length while dry!