-   -   Iherb! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/157113-iherb.html)

anonymous_133347 04-09-2013 09:31 PM

Iherb!

Listen up naturalistas! (especially international ones!) This review isn't actually for a product but a site.

iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements & Natural Health Products

I love this place. They have tons of natural organic products from supplements to hair gel. I placed an order on Saturday and it arrived today, packaged meticulously. From the teeny tiny bottles of essential oils to the jars--everything was cushioned neatly and sealed so that it wouldn't spill or roll around. I also received a discount code for future reference. If anybody wants to use it you can use WRL881 (mine) or VHT541 (aqua_lily's) for $10 off your first purchase of $40 or $5 off a smaller order. This time around I ordered oils, shea butter, and things for making my own hair products. Next time I'll order some hair products themselves maybe. :blob2:

Curlsnswirls 04-09-2013 10:16 PM

I LOVE ordering from iherb!!! I get my KCCC and AOMM from them among many other products. They always ship super fast and do package their products well. :thumbleft::thumbleft:

Ondulee 04-18-2013 11:23 AM

I've not ordered hair products from them but will take a look at what is available.

anonymous_133347 04-18-2013 03:19 PM

Good luck! I think it's a great company. Maybe next time I run out of kinky curly I'll get that and the aubrey organics mandarin magic because i can't find that at my local whole foods.

fihe 04-19-2013 11:00 PM

I see they sell 100% pure argan oil at pretty reasonable prices! :D

Neleke 06-18-2013 12:27 PM

Hi curlies,
I'm reviving this topic...
I bought at Iherb: KCCC, KCKT, KC Come Clean shampoo, AOGPB Shampoo (wanted to buy the conditioner but I accidentally misordered :p and in fact I like the shampoo so that's ok :p), AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner

First of all I want to say that they ship very very quickly (I had my package 5 days after ordering and I live in Europe) and that I think they are rather cheap (didn't calculate customs tariff though which was a surprise to me, but they are still cheap and I have an idea on how to avoid high customs tariffs in the future moohahhaha).
So I will definitely order again!

On my Iherbwishlist at the moment (I do love the fact that you can make a wishlist on their website):
- AOGPB Conditioner (this time I will get it right)
- AOGPB Conditioner with Lavender/ylang ylang scent
- Walden Farms Thousand Islands Dressing (which has nothing to do with my hair:p I just like to eat it and I don't find it here:p)
- Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner
- Now Foods Essential Oils Grapefruit scent (I'm planning to try to make FSG and would like to add a nice scent if that's possible)
- Now Foods Essential Oils Orange scent
- Now Foods Essential Oils Cinnamon Cassia scent

As I said, I am planning to make my own FSG.
What things (that are available on Iherb) do you order to add in your FSG? (links please!)

I'm especially looking for something proteiny and something like aloe vera gel (which I haven't tried yet because I only find it here at ridiculous expensive prices)

chloe92us 06-18-2013 12:42 PM

QUOTE: As I said, I am planning to make my own FSG.

I ordered a lot of my okra gel making stuff from iherb:

Marshmallow Root
Starwest Botanicals, Marshmallow Root, Organic, 1 lb - iHerb.com

Xanthan gum (thickener)
Now Foods, Healthy Foods, Xanthan Gum, 100% Pure, 6 oz (170 g) - iHerb.com

Epsom salt
Aaron Industries, Epsom Salts, Magnesium Sulfate U.S.P. (Saline Laxative), 1 lb (454 g) - iHerb.com

Grapeseed oil
Hobe Labs, Naturals, Grapeseed Oil, 4 fl oz (118 ml) - iHerb.com

Citric acid
Now Foods, Citric Acid, 4 oz (113 g) - iHerb.com

Coconut oil for deep treatments (and cooking, lol)
Jarrow Formulas, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g) - iHerb.com

I think that's all for now!

rapunzel4ever 07-04-2013 07:14 AM

When I order on iHerb.com do I need a credit card? (Is it credit card only to pay?)

Edit: okay, so I placed an order with iHerb.com.

Anybody want to use a discount code for your first purchase?
Here you go: WLZ284 (up to 10% discount)

CurlyGrey3 07-17-2013 10:47 AM

I've ordered from them twice. They have great prices and good shipping. I'll keep using them.

anonymous_133347 07-21-2013 02:27 PM

Sorry I didn't see this until now Neleke. I'm really happy for you. If you're looking for AVG here's the one I use in my FSG and it's on iherb:

Lily of the Desert, Aloe Vera Gel, 32 oz (946 ml) - iHerb.com

wavydaze 07-25-2013 01:19 AM

I ordered from iherb and they shipped my order to Asia pretty quickly, in "meticulous packaging" as well. I would absolutely order from them again and recommend to others. Also shipping prices to Asia were far more reasonable than Curlmart (though they don't carry everything Curlmart does.)

My discount code is in my siggy!

anonymous_133347 07-25-2013 07:33 PM

Awesome to hear how well the site works out for people internationally. I often fantasize about moving to France. . . and now I can just incorporate Iherb into my fantasy.

chloe92us 07-25-2013 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by wavydaze (Post 2194199)
I ordered from iherb and they shipped my order to Asia pretty quickly.

Why did I think you were a Florida girl? :confused:

Lauraimes 07-27-2013 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by dusalocks (Post 2194429)

iHerb is a great solution for people living in Europe. I've used it as well and I'm still tempted to order KCCC from iHerb one day (it's just that I'm scared it's another of those products that doesn't work since I've had barely any luck so far).

wavydaze 07-28-2013 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by chloe92us (Post 2194443)

Originally Posted by wavydaze (Post 2194199)
I ordered from iherb and they shipped my order to Asia pretty quickly.

Why did I think you were a Florida girl? :confused:

I'm a mobile girl! :wink: I spent 11 years in FL and my parents live there so I visit. I'm actually heading back out to SE Asia soon.... where my hair enjoys (sarcasm) the 70-80 dews year-round!

Actually iherb is a really good option for that area... there's are hardly any CG products available to begin with and the ones that are available are sold at premium, premium prices (like 2-3x the USD value).

I see so many Asian curlies walking around, they're in the minority (but I see you, I know who you are!) with their hair brushed out, sulfated to wiry cotton candy cloud, probably wondering why their hair is so "weird." :( It hurts me inside a little. Actually, before I discovered this site I switched to a no-good low-poo, condish combo and I was walking around with the cotton candy cloud for months, not understanding why my hair was just so damn awful, while all the other straight-haired people had shiny locks that were literally incapable of frizzing despite tropical conditions. But now I know so much better! Thanks nc.com! [/sidenote]