Iherb!

• 3 Post By chloe92us
  • 1 Post By wavydaze
  • 1 Post By anonymous_133347
  • 1 Post By wavydaze

Listen up naturalistas! (especially international ones!) This review isn't actually for a product but a site.

iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements & Natural Health Products

I love this place. They have tons of natural organic products from supplements to hair gel. I placed an order on Saturday and it arrived today, packaged meticulously. From the teeny tiny bottles of essential oils to the jars--everything was cushioned neatly and sealed so that it wouldn't spill or roll around. I also received a discount code for future reference. If anybody wants to use it you can use WRL881 (mine) or VHT541 (aqua_lily's) for $10 off your first purchase of $40 or $5 off a smaller order. This time around I ordered oils, shea butter, and things for making my own hair products. Next time I'll order some hair products themselves maybe.
Neleke likes this.

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper

* = HG

I LOVE ordering from iherb!!! I get my KCCC and AOMM from them among many other products. They always ship super fast and do package their products well.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I've not ordered hair products from them but will take a look at what is available.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
Good luck! I think it's a great company. Maybe next time I run out of kinky curly I'll get that and the aubrey organics mandarin magic because i can't find that at my local whole foods.

* = HG

I see they sell 100% pure argan oil at pretty reasonable prices!
mostly 2a/2b hair, fine, medium density, low porosity?
Hi curlies,
I'm reviving this topic...
I bought at Iherb: KCCC, KCKT, KC Come Clean shampoo, AOGPB Shampoo (wanted to buy the conditioner but I accidentally misordered and in fact I like the shampoo so that's ok ), AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner

First of all I want to say that they ship very very quickly (I had my package 5 days after ordering and I live in Europe) and that I think they are rather cheap (didn't calculate customs tariff though which was a surprise to me, but they are still cheap and I have an idea on how to avoid high customs tariffs in the future moohahhaha).
So I will definitely order again!

On my Iherbwishlist at the moment (I do love the fact that you can make a wishlist on their website):
- AOGPB Conditioner (this time I will get it right)
- AOGPB Conditioner with Lavender/ylang ylang scent
- Walden Farms Thousand Islands Dressing (which has nothing to do with my hair I just like to eat it and I don't find it here)
- Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner
- Now Foods Essential Oils Grapefruit scent (I'm planning to try to make FSG and would like to add a nice scent if that's possible)
- Now Foods Essential Oils Orange scent
- Now Foods Essential Oils Cinnamon Cassia scent

As I said, I am planning to make my own FSG.
What things (that are available on Iherb) do you order to add in your FSG? (links please!)

I'm especially looking for something proteiny and something like aloe vera gel (which I haven't tried yet because I only find it here at ridiculous expensive prices)
dusalocks likes this.
2c: fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity, normal-high density
CG since March 8th 2013
Low Poo: Rainforest Radiance shampoo
Conditioner: Yes to Cucumbers
Styler: BRHG, Garnier Fructis Gel
PT: Gliss Kur Repair & Volume

iherb.com: get a 5$ discount on orders under 40$ or a 10$ discount on orders over 40$ when you order for your first order by using the following discount code: CFH441
QUOTE: As I said, I am planning to make my own FSG.

I ordered a lot of my okra gel making stuff from iherb:

Marshmallow Root
Starwest Botanicals, Marshmallow Root, Organic, 1 lb - iHerb.com

Xanthan gum (thickener)
Now Foods, Healthy Foods, Xanthan Gum, 100% Pure, 6 oz (170 g) - iHerb.com

Epsom salt
Aaron Industries, Epsom Salts, Magnesium Sulfate U.S.P. (Saline Laxative), 1 lb (454 g) - iHerb.com

Grapeseed oil
Hobe Labs, Naturals, Grapeseed Oil, 4 fl oz (118 ml) - iHerb.com

Citric acid
Now Foods, Citric Acid, 4 oz (113 g) - iHerb.com

Coconut oil for deep treatments (and cooking, lol)
Jarrow Formulas, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g) - iHerb.com

I think that's all for now!
dusalocks, Neleke and wavydaze like this.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
When I order on iHerb.com do I need a credit card? (Is it credit card only to pay?)

Edit: okay, so I placed an order with iHerb.com.

Anybody want to use a discount code for your first purchase?
Here you go: WLZ284 (up to 10% discount)

2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP
, JCCC, BRHG
Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl

Last edited by rapunzel4ever; 07-04-2013 at 06:27 AM.
I've ordered from them twice. They have great prices and good shipping. I'll keep using them.
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
Sorry I didn't see this until now Neleke. I'm really happy for you. If you're looking for AVG here's the one I use in my FSG and it's on iherb:

Lily of the Desert, Aloe Vera Gel, 32 oz (946 ml) - iHerb.com

* = HG

I ordered from iherb and they shipped my order to Asia pretty quickly, in "meticulous packaging" as well. I would absolutely order from them again and recommend to others. Also shipping prices to Asia were far more reasonable than Curlmart (though they don't carry everything Curlmart does.)

My discount code is in my siggy!
dusalocks likes this.
fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: no guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, gelatin gel

Recent findings: my hair likes Cure Care diluted with water as a cowash; does NOT like guar h.c.!

iherb discount code: CFN646
Awesome to hear how well the site works out for people internationally. I often fantasize about moving to France. . . and now I can just incorporate Iherb into my fantasy.
wavydaze likes this.

* = HG

I ordered from iherb and they shipped my order to Asia pretty quickly.
Originally Posted by wavydaze
Why did I think you were a Florida girl?
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
Originally Posted by dusalocks
iHerb is a great solution for people living in Europe. I've used it as well and I'm still tempted to order KCCC from iHerb one day (it's just that I'm scared it's another of those products that doesn't work since I've had barely any luck so far).
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Weleda Oat Replenishing Shampoo
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number
I ordered from iherb and they shipped my order to Asia pretty quickly.
Originally Posted by wavydaze
Why did I think you were a Florida girl?
Originally Posted by chloe92us
I'm a mobile girl! I spent 11 years in FL and my parents live there so I visit. I'm actually heading back out to SE Asia soon.... where my hair enjoys (sarcasm) the 70-80 dews year-round!

Actually iherb is a really good option for that area... there's are hardly any CG products available to begin with and the ones that are available are sold at premium, premium prices (like 2-3x the USD value).

I see so many Asian curlies walking around, they're in the minority (but I see you, I know who you are!) with their hair brushed out, sulfated to wiry cotton candy cloud, probably wondering why their hair is so "weird." It hurts me inside a little. Actually, before I discovered this site I switched to a no-good low-poo, condish combo and I was walking around with the cotton candy cloud for months, not understanding why my hair was just so damn awful, while all the other straight-haired people had shiny locks that were literally incapable of frizzing despite tropical conditions. But now I know so much better! Thanks nc.com! [/sidenote]
Neleke likes this.
fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1