• 1 Post By Weathercurl

Old 04-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #1

Default Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls

I didn't think it would work after the failed results of the the Pillow Soft Curls. The introductory price of $14 was tempting, so I decided to give this one a try.

Definition, body, bounce, and shine is what this product delivers to your curls. The next day, it was still defined, shine was still there, and still had the bounce and body. And, no white residue!

The scent is a mild "Downey" scent such that someone has to be close to you to notice the scent. The gel is clear and thick, but spreads easily in your hair. Doesn't take long to dry like Pillow Soft Curls.

If your hair is naturally dry, just make sure that your conditioner is moisturizing. Then the steam from the shower (with a shower cap) will add any additional moisture you may need.

Curl Rating: 5 out of 5 curls!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #2

Join Date: Nov 2009
Thumbs up Love this

I just used this this morning, and the results are awesome. I wet my heair and left some of my conditioner in, then sectioned off my hair and added the gel. I could tell immediately when putting on the product it was working. I used a diffuser to hurry the drying process. I was left with Well defined curls, and soft. It was a little crunchy at first after drying but after pulling my fingers over each strand my hair became soft and bouncy. There is an awesome shine as well.

I am a 3b in front and 3c in back, mixed girl hair. I have been using miss jessie's curl meringue but I feel it is way to heavy for my 3b curls and they never get fully defined. I sometimes use kinky curly in the front and curl meringue in the back but the two hate to mix and you get a big flaky mess. So lately I have given up and have been blowing out my hair. Im so glad I gave this a try because this is exactly what my hair needed. Why did she wait so long to come to come out with a gel. I feel like my hair type does better with gels over creams. I totally recommend this product. Great definition, shine, bounce back, AND SO SOFT TO TOUCH!
melaniefh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #3

Join Date: May 2013

I love this stuff too! I have really loose waves and I'm skeptical about any sorts of styling products and usually just stick to a serum or anti-frizz creme. I got a surprise sample pack in the mail though and decided to give it a shot and I really like it! Shine and definition without any crunch or gel like feeling. Right up my alley! Would normally never have tried this (I've tried the quick curls cream and it was a fail) but I am pleasantly surprised! I'll experiment with this for a while as I my sample is 1 oz and I only use a little bit, but I could definitely see myself buying this.
vwbruins46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #4

Weathercurl's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013

I just got a sample of this in my BirchBox and gave it a try. I was not expecting this to do anything for my hair but I was really happy with this. I had soft curls and coils, no crunch, and lots of shine. Today is second day hair and it still looks pretty good. A little goes a long way. I only used about two quarter sized dollops for my whole head and my hair is down past my shoulder blades. It gave me a softer curl than I get with a hard hold gel but I really liked this product.
turquoisecurls likes this.
2b/2c ( weather permitting - 3a), fine texture but lots of it, colored and highlights, BSL.
Experimenting w CG since Oct 2012

Weathercurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #5

Houseofcurls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012

Des it enhance or promote curl at all? I got the pillow soft curls in my birch box and I'm a HUGE fan! Fr once my hair isn't crunchy, and it's SHINING! SHINING! I'm gonna go ahead and say I love everything about it!
Rae ~ 2c/3a ~
Wife to a 3c Curly Guy
Mom to a straight and a curly.

"The Longer the Hair, the Bigger the Blob."

Porous, very dense but fine hair. Medium everything else.
CoWash: Tressemee naturals
RO: Generic biolage and generic joico k-pak
LI: Tresemee
Miss Jessie's Pillow soft curls, diffuse 50%, add KCCC and diffuse to 80%.
Always wash upside down.
Houseofcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Houseofcurls View Post
It enhances the curl, at least for me. If your hair is dry, you will need to use a moisturizing leave-in prior to placing the Jelly Soft Curls on your hair. Otherwise your hair will be crunchy; it does have a stronger hold than the Pillow Soft Curls.

I wish that the Pillow Soft Curls left favorable results on my hair, but it left flakes instead no matter how I applied it.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #7

Ondulee's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

anybody stull using this? It seems like it would be perfect for my hair by the sounds of everybodys comments. I'd love to have less products in my routine, I'm using diluted Pillow Soft curls with a squirt of CHS gel over top of a honey rinse and under some CK. I really like this combo but I'd prefer if I got the same results with fewer products.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
Ondulee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

ashlyndmarie's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013

I love the scent of this product. It feels a little weird going on, like the consistency is too thick and my hair won't absorb It, but I scrunch it in, diffuse, and I'm left with soft hair.

I made the mistake one day to use coconut oil as a leave in and put this on top.....worst curls of my life. I feel like this doesn't play well with natural products.

Even though it have definition and softness, I turned to other products. The price and consistency kinda turned me off.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
ashlyndmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #9

Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Hmmm

I saw this product in Target and I was tempted to try it out but not sure if it will work on 4b hair types?
Any thoughts?
"My kinks are right with God"
4b/a texture from front to back respectively.
Wash: Various
LADYSTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #10

Originally Posted by LADYSTB View Post
LADYSTB:

I would suggest that you order the sample from the Miss Jessie's website. If you have dry hair, be sure to use a clear, moisturizing leave-in conditioner or oil prior to use. Try using a small amount (pea size) for each section at first.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #11

CurlyMJ's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012

Originally Posted by Greatcurls View Post
Originally Posted by LADYSTB View Post
LADYSTB:

Hi - how do you order just samples?
CurlyMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #12

CurlyMJ:

Don't know if you've received the samples already, but if you call the customer service number on the MJ website, they'll help you order your samples.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #13

Join Date: Aug 2008

Guess what gel landed in the Editor's Choice for 2014's category of Styling Gel?!

Old 02-15-2014, 04:08 AM   #14

Join Date: Aug 2013

I had a sample of this and tried it when the dews were moderate (I live in year round high dews). While there was some nice definition, there was a lot of frizz. So beware if you hair dislikes glycerine.
2a/b, med/high porosity, high density, fine texture