Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Line

My curling souffle finally ran out and I bought a new one. Once I got it home I saw that the new tub is called curling GEL souffle and the old one is called curling souffle. When did they change it?
Originally Posted by turquoisecurls
Did they change the ingredients?
CG since 4/15/12
2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

LOVES: protein, Shea Moisture condish. & masque, KCCC, Re:Coil (HG), Kiss My Face Upper Mgmt. gel, my own FSG!

does not love: non-cg ingredients, oils, PVA/PVP, synthetic fragrances or poly-quats

The ingredients are the same. But the description is different, in addition the color ( pale yellow as opposed to clear opaque ) and consistency is different too. This new one is so thin, I can't scoop it out it feels literally like water.
I will try it today too see if my hair reacts the same.
2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,
I will try it today too see if my hair reacts the same.
Originally Posted by turquoisecurls
I did look around and found both the Curling Souffle and the Curling Gel Souffle. I did not find any of the "old" tubs, only the ones that have Gel in the name. I bought one of them just to compare to the "old" product I have at home. The ingredients are exactly the same, in the same order.

The new product does look different, a bit yellow-ish and grainy looking, not crystal clear and pearly like the old stuff. However, it definitely was NOT watery at all, the consistency was nearly identical to the old stuff but maybe a bit rubbery-er in the tub (and not grainy at all). I think you may have gotten a bad batch.

I did use some of the new stuff and it did basically what the old stuff did in my hair.

HTH!
CG since 4/15/12
2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

I like the milk, but love the smoothie, I just haven't been able to find the curl and Shine conditioner, I have been looking everywhere for it and have had zero luck.

CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly
Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque

Shampoo: Desert Essence Fragrance Free Shampoo
Conditioner: Desert Essence Fragrance Free Conditioner
DC: L'Oreal Sulfate Free OleoTherapy Oil Infused Conditioner

Originally Posted by KiraSavannah
I found it at Sally's, [$7.99 plus additional $2.00 off with in-store coupon]. YES!!!
My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!

Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
Leave In - SM CH C&S Cond.
Hydration - SM CH Curl Smoothie
Styler - SM CH Curl & Style Milk
Deep Conditioner - Deva Curl HeavenHair

I really want to try these products. Cant find them anywhere in Canada.
Fine 2c-3a Curls
LI: HSH Tri-wheat spray
DT: Coconut oil
PT: Henna/Cassia
Styler: AG recoil/mousse-gel
Have you tried online stores Cally? I buy so much of my stuff online and I'm assuming online sites that are American or ship to America would probably do Canada as well?
3A with some 3B thrown in. Medium porosity.

Pre-poo: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Low-poo: SM Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo / ElastaQP Créme Conditioning shampoo
Conditioner:
Experimenting
D/C: Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra Moist Deep Moisture Mask

Leave-in: My DNA
Styler: Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity

UK curly. CG since October 2013.
Aiming for WL curls (eventually)
I would love to try them too, but you're right, I haven't been able to find them anywhere in Canada. If you really really want them, they're sold on beautifulblackhair.ca. Not including shipping they're about $20 each, which I'm not willing to pay considering what they cost in the States.
2c/3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, bsl curly, WL wet
Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
Co-wash: down under naturals, tresume naturals
RO: AOHR
LI: Giovanni Direct, Desert Essence curl cream
Stylers: kccc, HE smu, brhg
Oils: coconut, argan or evoo
Walgreens has it for the cheapest that I've found. Target is a little more expensive!

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!