-   -   Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Line (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/157507-shea-moisture-coconut-hibiscus-line.html)

AuburnandCurly 04-20-2013 03:20 PM

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Line

I'm using the coconut & hibiscus co-wash and curl & shine conditoner which I love. Has anyone tried the milk? I'm thinking of getting that next. Thanks! :)

curleeangel 04-20-2013 04:26 PM

No but I LOVE the smoothie!

Sent from my MB860 using CurlTalk App

curry curls 04-20-2013 04:46 PM

I use it and love it. When I first tried it, I hated it. I think I used too much. My hair was very stringy looking. Now, I use it over Kenra moisturizing conditioner...about a nickel size puddle of milk. My hair is short. I have tried it on its own, but I don't find it heavy enough. It felt nice though. :-)

Where did you find the co-wash and conditioner? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'd love to try them.

turquoisecurls 04-20-2013 06:56 PM

The milk weights my hair down and makes it look greasy, even with very small amounts. But the souffle is fantastic,for me it is the the best priced alternative to KCCC

sKorpio1190 04-20-2013 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by turquoisecurls (Post 2156987)

I agree. The soufflé is great and it doesn't leave my hair hard and crunchy like KCCC

turquoisecurls 04-20-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by sKorpio1190 (Post 2157008)

Originally Posted by turquoisecurls (Post 2156987)

Agreed , no hard crunchy hair, but soo shiny and soft!

AuburnandCurly 04-20-2013 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by curry curls (Post 2156939)

Hi! Most of their products were on sale this week at Target so I was really excited. They also have added a mousse to this line.

DepressedCurls 04-20-2013 08:43 PM

Tried em all...hated them...finally found what works. In wet hair i add the styling milk all over, then a litttttle smoothie on hair from the ears down focusing on the ends, then the souffle all over. Just dipping my fingers in and smoothing and scrunching it all over. And air dry. Then scrunch the crunch out with the elixir from the shea butter damage and repair line in shea moisture...and voila!

sKorpio1190 04-20-2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by DepressedCurls (Post 2157027)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

That's great, just waayyy to many products for me. I can only use the soufflé and in minute amounts at that. I wish I could try more stuff with it but I know I can't

DepressedCurls 04-21-2013 07:47 AM

Yeah, most can't use all 3 but really...a lot of people can use the milk, a sealant, then a gel and that's what I'm doing...using the smoothie as a sealant. It does weigh my hair down though. But it's healthier for my hair so I'm trying to deal with it lol

curry curls 04-21-2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by AuburnandCurly (Post 2157021)

Originally Posted by curry curls (Post 2156939)

Ok, thanks. I can't ever seem to find them when I go in there. I'll keep looking. :)

anonymous_133347 04-21-2013 04:29 PM

My hair is the most porous thing ever. It is ridiculous the amount of leave in and oil I can put in my hair without it ever getting weighed down or greasy. Maybe that is why the Curl & Shine line works so well for me. It's the best out of the Shea Moisture lines for my type of hair. Even says thick and coarse right on the label. I'm not sure it's worth it getting the souffle when I already make my own FSG but you guys are tempting me. Oh, and I got the Curl & Shine conditioner from Target. Still haven't seen the co-wash though. And I got the mousse from target.com for my mom but she didn't like it so I'm gonna take it back and experiment with it on my own. It doesn't seem to have any hold but then my hair doesn't need that much hold. (Mom's does.)

anonymous_133347 04-21-2013 04:33 PM

Oh and I really like the milk too. It's a great leave in and I also use to SOTC!

AuburnandCurly 04-21-2013 09:30 PM

Thanks for the recommendations! I have a question about the souffle though. It's a gel, right? I usually prefer cremes over gels because gels usually make my hair stiff and sticky.

sKorpio1190 04-23-2013 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by AuburnandCurly (Post 2157349)

It's described as a gel but its really runny if u ask me. It's much more liquidy than gel-like and when I rub it in my hands it's oily and slick

Krullenbol 04-24-2013 07:05 AM

I tried the milk and my hair is actually really thick but the milk works already very well ( so I might not even try the smoothie) and it doesn't even give me shrinkage and so much less frizz than any other product I ever tried

DepressedCurls 04-24-2013 12:18 PM

The milk is better than the smoothie because it's not too light at all and just enough. Instead of TOO thick and moisturizing.

newseason 04-24-2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by sKorpio1190 (Post 2157863)

Originally Posted by AuburnandCurly (Post 2157349)

I use the souffle and the smoothie and love them both. I agree the souffle is more of a jelly instead of a gel. There is a learning curve with both products but when u figure out how they work best for you, they are great products. I don't buy anything else

Convo_Curls 04-30-2013 06:45 PM

Just got the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Kit. Going to try it tonight. I have 4b hair and I have a really hard time keeping it moisturized so hopefully this helps. The kit has the Shampoo, Curl & Style milk, Hold & Shine Moisture Mist, and the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Has anyone else tried this kit?

turquoisecurls 05-22-2013 01:12 PM

My curling souffle finally ran out and I bought a new one. Once I got it home I saw that the new tub is called curling GEL souffle and the old one is called curling souffle. When did they change it?