Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Line

I'm using the coconut & hibiscus co-wash and curl & shine conditoner which I love. Has anyone tried the milk? I'm thinking of getting that next. Thanks!

DC: L'Oreal Sulfate Free OleoTherapy Oil Infused Conditioner
No but I LOVE the smoothie!

Sent from my MB860 using CurlTalk App
2b/c low porosity, coarse, high density and protein sensitive.
I use it and love it. When I first tried it, I hated it. I think I used too much. My hair was very stringy looking. Now, I use it over Kenra moisturizing conditioner...about a nickel size puddle of milk. My hair is short. I have tried it on its own, but I don't find it heavy enough. It felt nice though. :-)

Where did you find the co-wash and conditioner? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'd love to try them.
Started CG July 8, 2008

Pre Co-wash: Coconut oil (plain & rosemary)
Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
The milk weights my hair down and makes it look greasy, even with very small amounts. But the souffle is fantastic,for me it is the the best priced alternative to KCCC
2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Originally Posted by turquoisecurls
I agree. The soufflé is great and it doesn't leave my hair hard and crunchy like KCCC
turquoisecurls likes this.
Originally Posted by turquoisecurls
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
Agreed , no hard crunchy hair, but soo shiny and soft!

Originally Posted by curry curls
Hi! Most of their products were on sale this week at Target so I was really excited. They also have added a mousse to this line.

DC: L'Oreal Sulfate Free OleoTherapy Oil Infused Conditioner

Last edited by AuburnandCurly; 04-20-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Tried em all...hated them...finally found what works. In wet hair i add the styling milk all over, then a litttttle smoothie on hair from the ears down focusing on the ends, then the souffle all over. Just dipping my fingers in and smoothing and scrunching it all over. And air dry. Then scrunch the crunch out with the elixir from the shea butter damage and repair line in shea moisture...and voila!

Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
That's great, just waayyy to many products for me. I can only use the soufflé and in minute amounts at that. I wish I could try more stuff with it but I know I can't
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
Yeah, most can't use all 3 but really...a lot of people can use the milk, a sealant, then a gel and that's what I'm doing...using the smoothie as a sealant. It does weigh my hair down though. But it's healthier for my hair so I'm trying to deal with it lol

Originally Posted by curry curls
Originally Posted by AuburnandCurly
Ok, thanks. I can't ever seem to find them when I go in there. I'll keep looking.
Started CG July 8, 2008

Pre Co-wash: Coconut oil (plain & rosemary)
Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
My hair is the most porous thing ever. It is ridiculous the amount of leave in and oil I can put in my hair without it ever getting weighed down or greasy. Maybe that is why the Curl & Shine line works so well for me. It's the best out of the Shea Moisture lines for my type of hair. Even says thick and coarse right on the label. I'm not sure it's worth it getting the souffle when I already make my own FSG but you guys are tempting me. Oh, and I got the Curl & Shine conditioner from Target. Still haven't seen the co-wash though. And I got the mousse from target.com for my mom but she didn't like it so I'm gonna take it back and experiment with it on my own. It doesn't seem to have any hold but then my hair doesn't need that much hold. (Mom's does.)
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 04-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Oh and I really like the milk too. It's a great leave in and I also use to SOTC!
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Thanks for the recommendations! I have a question about the souffle though. It's a gel, right? I usually prefer cremes over gels because gels usually make my hair stiff and sticky.

Originally Posted by AuburnandCurly
It's described as a gel but its really runny if u ask me. It's much more liquidy than gel-like and when I rub it in my hands it's oily and slick
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
I tried the milk and my hair is actually really thick but the milk works already very well ( so I might not even try the smoothie) and it doesn't even give me shrinkage and so much less frizz than any other product I ever tried
The milk is better than the smoothie because it's not too light at all and just enough. Instead of TOO thick and moisturizing.

Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
I use the souffle and the smoothie and love them both. I agree the souffle is more of a jelly instead of a gel. There is a learning curve with both products but when u figure out how they work best for you, they are great products. I don't buy anything else
Just got the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Kit. Going to try it tonight. I have 4b hair and I have a really hard time keeping it moisturized so hopefully this helps. The kit has the Shampoo, Curl & Style milk, Hold & Shine Moisture Mist, and the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Has anyone else tried this kit?
My curling souffle finally ran out and I bought a new one. Once I got it home I saw that the new tub is called curling GEL souffle and the old one is called curling souffle. When did they change it?