Shea Moisture Question

It is that time of year for me to begin my big year purchase. I often use my taxes and make a big purchase from Curl Mart and other places to hopefully last me the entire year.

With that being said, I love CJ but it is expensive. I have never tried SM products, but I'm very curious about them after reading some CJ reviews.

My problem is that my hair Coconut Oil sensitive. It LOVES it as a treatment, but on everyday p[products it will make my hair too stringy, greasy, or the wet look. (Although the curling is to die for.) Regardless I can't go to work with hair that looks greasy and dirty.

Are SM products heavy with the Coconut Oil? Should I try it or save myself the trouble?
CG Since 2010
Hair Attributes: Mixed 2 with 3A undergrowth & no root curl.
Fine, Thin, Easily Manipulated, Easily Styled, Easy to Frizz, and Easy to damage.

Favorites: CJ Daily Fix, CJ Rehab, Anything Spiral Solutions, Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed

New Goals To restore my hair after dying it twice in two weeks. Learning more about products found in the stores to fit my tight budget. I'm still working on trying to grow out my hair.
Have you used products with coconut oil as an ingredient, or just straight coconut oil by itself? The reason I ask is that, yes, coconut oil is fairly high in the ingredient list of many SM products, but I haven't found the effect to be like using straight coconut oil.

Hopefully others will chime in on this as well!
Medium/coarse, low porosity, dense, mix of 3s
CG (again) since Nov. 2012

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention, Elucence MBC, KC Come Clean
Condish: Giovanni DL, Cure Care, Ion Treatment, GVP Balm, AOHR
Protein: AOGPB, CNPF, SSRPT
Stylers: KCCC, SM Souffle, AOMM, SS CEJ, JCRR, JCCC

Trying out steaming!
I used some of Darcy's stuff. Her coconut leave in and her shea moisture. Neither did well in my hair. HOwever her pumpkin seed did amazing. I cant remember if that had any coconut oil in it or not.
CG Since 2010
Hair Attributes: Mixed 2 with 3A undergrowth & no root curl.

Okay, then you probably shouldn't use the coconut line from SM. Not all of their lines contain coconut oil, however. My favorite product from them right now is their Moisture Retention Shampoo. It's crazy moisturizing and has no coconut oil, so it might work for you! (It seems like most of their stylers do have coconut though.) hope this helps!
Medium/coarse, low porosity, dense, mix of 3s