L'Oréal Paris Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm

• 1 Post By TruLove
  • 1 Post By KiraSavannah
  • 1 Post By caramix3a
  • 1 Post By cfry

I so rarely discover a product so immediately worthy of praise, but, after a desperate trip to my local Walgreens, and, just one application my hair was resurrected from the greatest depth of dehydration "HELL" it's ever seen. After a long winter season of neglect, poor product selection, and, a month long natural hair sight unseen sew in weave, my hair was in the worst condition ever; severely dry, brittle, dull, limp frizzy thinned-straight ends, zero curl definition. L'Oréal Total Repair 5 lived up to its one application promise! Rehydrated Softness, Shine Restoration, Movement & Manageability. I actually joined the forum to spread this good news. Just know, the truth is in the jar!
curlypearl likes this.
I use this and the shampoo, I was suffering from breakage and dryness and in two tries my hair was almost fully repaired

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using CurlTalk App
CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly
Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by KiraSavannah
I like the balm better than the shampoo, but for the price, great stuff!
I haven't tried the Balm, but I had a couple of travel-sized bottles of the shampoo and conditioner. Even though these have the stuff we're "supposed to" avoid in our hair, I was really surprised that I liked this combo that much, seriously! A real improvement in my hair, and shine, body, and even increased curl that I haven't seen for awhile. I do have older hair at 65 LOL! One YouTube video review of the Balm by someone with a similar curl pattern as me got me excited. The woman in the review was so excited about how great this was for her hair. I might have to cave and buy all three. Bed Bath and Beyond not too far from me has great prices on health and beauty stuff - I do a lot of my shopping for that stuff there as with coupons and their good prices in general I'm often able to get stuff for much cheaper than at Walgreens or CVS for that matter.
After being modified CG for close to 4 years, I was finding that it wasn't working as well as it did in the beginning, and have started to explore some other things. I do have 2c-3a hair.
curlypearl likes this.
Haven't posted in a while because nothing has impressed me much lately. Until this! I've only used it one time, but had the best hair days I've had in years. My hair is probably 2C/3A- ish, fine with lots of frizz. This gave me shiny, well-defined curls this week with less frizz than I have probably ever had. It's my new favorite
curlypearl likes this.
shampoo bars, GVP K-Pak, Abba Pure Gentle Leave-in, Mop curl cream, Babaii Mousse and BRHG

Last edited by cfry; 06-17-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: No longer using any of the products mentioned above, but not sure how to change it.
Ugh! I want to try this so bad! But, it has stupid wheat protein. My roommate uses the one in the blue jar and loves it! Glad you liked it though... Still on the search for a good DC...
TruLove, and others who chimed in, thanks for posting. I'm going to try this!
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift