Dr. Woods Pure Black Soap

• 1 Post By wheretostart
  • 2 Post By wheretostart

Ingredients: Water, saponified coconut, hemp & olive oils with retained glycerin, black soap concentrate, organic shea butter (butrysopermum parkii), fragrance, vitamin e (tocopheryl acetate), sea salt, citric acid, rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) extract and caramel.

I just have to say how awesome this soap is (you can't go wrong with any Dr Woods soaps). I have used other products before but hadn't tried this one. I was looking for a healthy bodywash alternative for my boys (hubby, ds13, and ds7). I came across an amazing subscribe and save deal on Amazon - I got 12 bottles of this! The best part is they use it from head to toe. Dh has curly hair that he keeps very short. Ds 13 has crazy thick curly hair that he likes "long" - (right now his hair looks like an old lady football helmet) Both of them are prone to very dry and irritated scalp. DS7 has nearly straight hair that can get kind of stringy looking with the wrong shampoo and no scalp problems.

After a couple of weeks - all of them have hair that looks better. No dry scalp on the big boys! They use it as a body wash and their skin is very soft. They also like the scent. I use this as a body wash myself - and am comfortable using it on my hair if I ever want to clarify. I just haven't gotten to that point yet. DS 13 is in a play right now too, and this has been an amazing way to remove makeup without drying out his face.

Another advantage is that it can be used with other natural ingredients to make your own household cleaners. I have a great recipe that I got from an Oprah show that makes my bathroom sparkle!
Curlsnswirls likes this.

Originally Posted by wheretostart
I believe I have a liter of this that I haven't used. What's the recipe for bathroom cleaner?
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Here it is - the recipe calls for castile soap but I've used dish soap in a pinch. I am using it now with the black soap and it is still great. You use very little soap for this particular recipe!

Gorgeously Green All-Purpose Spray
32-ounce plastic spray bottle
2 cups water
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon pure castile soap (peppermint is a favorite)
3/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
20 drops tea tree oil
20 drops of lavender or lemongrass essential oil
Simply fill a large 32-ounce plastic spray bottle with the water. Add the vinegar, castile soap, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil and lavender or lemongrass essential oil. Lavender is lovely for the bathroom spray and lemongrass for the kitchen, so make two separate bottles at the same time. In the hot summer months, add about 10 drops of citronella essential oil to the spray, as it is an excellent insect repellent.

This spray is suitable for acrylic, ceramic tile, wood, marble and granite.

Read more: Gorgeously Green All-Purpose Spray - Oprah.com
hippychic and Curlsnswirls like this.
I used this today as my low-poo. My scalp feels wonderful, my hair looks good. I think it may have been more stripping than my other low-poo (TMW Moisture!) or else it just left my hair feeling "different" than I am used to. I had to work in a lot more conditioner afterwards in order to get the right amount of slip for detangling. Having a great hair day though - lots of softness. I keep finding myself touching my hair and my scalp.. it just feels so clean and soft. Gotta kick that bad habit!
3A/2C fine, normal porosity & elasticity, medium high density

Current products:
YTCucs Color Protection Low poo
GVP Conditioning Balm
Random gels - not sure which ones I like, if any at this point!

HG Summer Routine:
poo - TMW Hydrate
RO & LI - Darcy's Pumpkin Seed
Leave in Products: CHSCK & LALMG
PT - CJ RM
DT - EVCO

Currently trying to figure out a winter routine and transition to a less harsh "poo" for summer.